• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions about Project M/Wifi on the Wii

StepOnLegos

Smash Rookie
Hi all, I'm new to project M and had a couple questions regarding online play...

1. Whenever I try to look for a match online, I don't find anyone and eventually it says I disconnected. Does like no one use the find a match function, do people use "play with a friend" instead?

2. Sometimes when I try to connect to online, it gives me a 85020 error code or 61010. How do I prevent this?

3. Can someone just sum up how people play project m online? I feel really dumb because I was super excited to get project m working with brawl, but I'm super disappointed because I can't play online. I don't have anyone to play with irl :(, so I'm hoping I can get online to work.

Thank you :D

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
1. Basically, yes. Not 100% sure but random play may actually be disabled in PM, because there's a random chance you'll get paired with someone playing vBrawl, which would of course result in immediate desynching.

2. These codes mean either your connection is unstable, or you are otherwise unable to connect to the server. Wiimmfi's server isn't 100% stable yet, but it's still under active development, so it's improving constantly.

3. As in #1, you're probably only going to get matches by swapping friend codes with other players. There's a thread here for just that. There's also quite a few people who play using the Dolphin emulator and netplay, but the viability of that option depends on how powerful your computer is.

Top Bottom