• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Few MUs I need advice on...

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
Ok... so i went to tourney a few weeks and came across a few MUs that really kicked my butt. I've been practicing with my crew down here on a few of them but admittedly I think what I'm learning with them is that I REALLY don't know the characters I'm playing against. So anyways I'm needing help understanding how to counter: Peach and Diddy Kong. Also just because it never hurts to get as much advice as i can Bowser,and Lucario...
The Peach MU I just felt like I got Obliterated on, just absolutely no idea what i'm doing there. Diddy I found myself in Side B a lot because it was my only safe option so i wouldn't trip, but admittedly I feel like it was a bad choice because once he figured out to how shut down withdraw I was in trouble against those bananas. I also did some pick up and throw back bananas, but that seemed kinda dumb with his ability to just pick them back up and throw them too. Bowser i have had trouble dealing with for a while now. Its a constant grab game and i feel there is more to this MU than i know... gotta be a trick or three somewhere. I just can't figure out how to out meta-game my partner against him and when i MM him i struggle the entire time. I know some of it is his experience in comparison but i am always close, and there is just so much work in comparison to what he has to do against me its crazy, and he mains Lucario and i know about the D-smashing the ledge trick. But what are some other pointers?

Any help with be greatly appreciated... Sorry to be a needy Squirtle player

SSB_Hello

Smash Apprentice
I put bowser MU in another thread but to sum it up all you need to do most of these matches ( peach and bowser ) is bait out moves with lag and take that time to punish. this comes with needing your punish game down. practice on level 1-3 comps to practice combos that keep leading into another move. make every punish worth it.

diddy. side b only when you can get them by surprise. avoid bannanas learn to grab them back when he throws them to you. jump around a lot and keep your distance until an opening appears. your ground game is better with side b. aerial game goes to diddy.

a reverse situation verse lucar. you want to be in the air and avoid too much ground game with him. you should only be doing a ground game if you can get side b off on him into aerial or you're preparing an edgeguard or well placed smash that you read.

another thing is to remain calm. if they adapt to side b, switch up. constantly mix up your approach and attack, then side b once they've been conditioned.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
That actually makes a lot of since across the board on why I'm struggling and I'll find this thread on Boozer because I just really need to study up on the match up. Thank you!

Top Bottom