• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few D3 Questions

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
First question is, what's a good throw once you've chaingrabbed someone to the edge, and then what strings with whatever throw. I like using dthrow, then drop off the ledge and when they di towards the stage, fair, to another fair or bair or just get back on the stage if they're already far enough to recover. But i see some fthrows, so which throw's the best???

Also, when/why should i use nair, and what combos into it. I use the nair fastfall to utilt at low percentages, but i don't use it much after early percentages, does it kill well? If so, does it kill vertically or horizontally.

And last one, it seems like dair has a good bit of lag at the end, if you full hop it, does it autocancel, or should i just try to cancel it with a smash attack or something?

Thanks, I'm new to D3, so i don't know much xcept that he's awesome

Drack

Smash Apprentice
Finish the CG with Fthrow. Much more damage, more knockback, and you can edgeguard with bair (bair every jump not to turn around), fair, or inhale if it's favorable to.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I don't use Nair very much either, I know it cancels out Snake's mortar though. Pretty sure it's just for hitting people away and not KO'ing people.

I THINK dair autocancels if you full hop it, I wouldn't depend on it as a means of attack though. Maybe just like, to catch someone off guard or something.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
to finish a cg i usually use dthrow and follow off the ledge with fair

this is going to be your best bet 90% of the time...

yea fthrow has more knockback etc etc

BUT

dthrow into fair can set up a wall of pain (consecutive fairs off the ledge) which generally leads to 1 stock loss depending on opponent...

nair...

spacing move...

ill use dair into nair into upair

or

fair into nair into fair

depending on your opponent it spaces you quite nicely

to "auto cancel" the dair you have to hop just right...

mess around in training mode...ull figure it out

Top Bottom