• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U A faster way to complete Classic with the entire roster?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Obviously to get every character trophy and whatnot you have to complete Classic right? But I'm curious, will doing co-op with the second player just sitting there net you two trophies in one playthrough? And will the intensity count? Like say for the challenge of clearing Classic on 7.0 or higher with the whole roster?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yes you can play co-op on your own if you want to net the character trophies faster, you also get both their ending scenes too. I'm not sure about the challenges though, I guess it depends on the exact requirements and if it wants you to do this via solo classic.

I've done it when I wanted to get certain trophies for the trophy Photo studio.....

Last edited:

Why_not

Smash Rookie
In this game you are allowed to keep going even if your partner has died; so even if you are good enough you may keep going.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Does playing Co-op Classic on 8.0 or higher satisfy the "Beat Classic Mode on 8.0 with 2 characters" challenge?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Okay, so I did a 7.5 with Zelda and Sheik as player 2. It's actually useful since the 2nd player can act as a meat shield from CPUs, especially if you give them max defense equipment. I somehow kept Sheik alive until Master Core, but I didn't lose when she lost both lives there, though her ending clip didn't show up. Not sure if it was because she died at the end or not.

And it appears to keep record of the intensity on co-op, but wether or not it'll count towards the challenge remains to be seen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Does playing Co-op Classic on 8.0 or higher satisfy the "Beat Classic Mode on 8.0 with 2 characters" challenge?
No. The 8.0 intensity challenges clearly say "Solo Classic", as those challenges actually require you to face and defeat Master Fortress.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I just tested this, and unfortunately you can't use the same trick with All-Star mode, as you'll lose if the other player dies at any point.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Okay, so I did a 7.5 with Zelda and Sheik as player 2. It's actually useful since the 2nd player can act as a meat shield from CPUs, especially if you give them max defense equipment. I somehow kept Sheik alive until Master Core, but I didn't lose when she lost both lives there, though her ending clip didn't show up. Not sure if it was because she died at the end or not.

And it appears to keep record of the intensity on co-op, but wether or not it'll count towards the challenge remains to be seen.
Did you get the Sheik trophy?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just tested this, and unfortunately you can't use the same trick with All-Star mode, as you'll lose if the other player dies at any point.
I watched a stream of two players facing the Swarm once, and when one lost both their lives, the other could still continue.

Dunno if this applies to the rest of the mode but at least the boss fights at the end let you do this.

Also, has anybody tested if beating Classic Mode with characters through Co-Op counts towards the Challenge for beating it with everyone?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
In All-Star it's not worth it

In Classic other than the 9.0 and 8.0 requirements the way to go is 7.0 2 player, easier and faster.

Last edited:

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Welp, I just tried to do Classic on 7.0 with myself as G&W and an unmanned controller as Bowser, and cleared the board the first time just fine. Then I got destroyed in the 4v4 when my CPU allies turned out to be worthless. Then I needed 2 MORE continues during Master Core. Guess I still suck at parts of this game.

Top Bottom