• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A couple of questions on how to approach with ZSS.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
1. Against someone like TL, when they're using lots of bombs, arrows and boomerangs, what's the best way to approach? Is it as simple as jumping over them, or is there a better way? When I try to jump over them I usually get usmashed/uaired or something along those lines. (I've tried Side B but it doesn't seem to work, maybe I'm timing it wrong?)

2. How can I mix up my approaches so I can be unpredictable? At the moment, I usually dash attack, side B, or stun->grab when I want to approach someone. I always do this, I've even noticed myself how predictable I'm getting. Unfortunately I can't really think of anything else, I'm constantly getting shield grabbed whenever I play good people.

3. What's the difference between spacing and spamming with Side B? I was told to space with it, so I started using it kinda like Link would use Zair, but more often. I then got told that I wasn't spacing, I was spamming. What was I doing wrong here?

4. Best ways to get back on the stage? I find most of the time I'll ledge hop, use a neutral B and then try and hit them with down B. When this works, it usually works well. When it doesn't work, I'm left open and I'm usually punished pretty badly for it. So what are some good alternatives?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm a newbie to smash, SSBB's the first one I've played n_n. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ugh, just noticed there's a Q&A thread, I was sure I'd checked all the stickies <_<. Is there any way I can move/delete this?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
1. Just space the jumps better. Find openings and try to punish them with Paralyzer and Plasma Whip. Don't get close until your opponent is already at a disadvantage.

2. Charge Paralyzer, switch up constantly between Plasma Whip and Paralyzer. Stop attacking and just charge a dsmash to bait your opponent. ZSS has a tough time approaching from a neutral balance, but if you keep up the pressure, you can force your opponent to mess up.

3. If you're using it a lot and not getting hit, then you're spacing it. If you're getting punished, then you're just spamming. If you're hitting your opponent with it a lot, then they suck and will probably john about you spamming it, when you're actually spacing it really well.

4. Ledge-hopped Plasma Whips are nice, as are ledge-hopped paralyzers and other ideas. Flipstooling works, too. I like to use ledge get-up attacks, because you can often bait attacks and punish them with the ledge attack.

smasher?o.0

Smash Journeyman
1. Just space the jumps better. Find openings and try to punish them with Paralyzer and Plasma Whip. Don't get close until your opponent is already at a disadvantage.

2. Charge Paralyzer, switch up constantly between Plasma Whip and Paralyzer. Stop attacking and just charge a dsmash to bait your opponent. ZSS has a tough time approaching from a neutral balance, but if you keep up the pressure, you can force your opponent to mess up.

3. If you're using it a lot and not getting hit, then you're spacing it. If you're getting punished, then you're just spamming. If you're hitting your opponent with it a lot, then they suck and will probably john about you spamming it, when you're actually spacing it really well.

4. Ledge-hopped Plasma Whips are nice, as are ledge-hopped paralyzers and other ideas. Flipstooling works, too. I like to use ledge get-up attacks, because you can often bait attacks and punish them with the ledge attack.
he's got it
/closed

Top Bottom