• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide A Comprehensive Competitive Guide to Chrom: Ultimate's Melee Character

TheDMatch

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vinay
TheDMatch submitted a new resource:

A Comprehensive Competitive Guide to Chrom: Ultimate's Melee Character - SSBU Chrom Guide

TL;DR Read the bold text/around the bold text.
:ultchrom::ultchrom::ultchrom:
Sakurai is somehow so amazing (r/smashcirclejerk) that Chrom being a canon descendant of Marth was put into Ultimate as a feature! And by that I mean that, quoting Mang0 "Chrom belongs in Melee" -- he feels like Ultimate's Melee Marth:marthmelee:. This is due to his quick movement, combos, flow, and kill options that make a sword character great. Chrom is...
Read more about this resource...

FSF

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the guide. Who do you recommend for secondaries, knowing Chrom's weaknesses?

TheDMatch

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vinay
Thanks for the guide. Who do you recommend for secondaries, knowing Chrom's weaknesses?
Probably someone with a good recovery who can deal with Zoners/Smaller characters. For me, this character is Wolf :ultwolf: (although his recovery is also bad lol) but other characters that may be good secondaries are :ultwario:, :ultmetaknight:, or :ultfalco: depending on your play style preferences. If you like sword characters, I'd definitely recommend learning :ultmarth:/:ultlucina: as their moves serve similar functions to Chrom, but also cover his weaknesses in edge guarding and neutral against certain characters.

MiSki

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-1068-4943-7991
Top Bottom