• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A cheap move?

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
Basically im in this leaderboard thing and it was me (DDD) vs another DDD and he was calling me cheap for chain grabbing. Then i was on 2 lives he had just spawned with 1 life so i dedecide him and he was calling me a noob and cheap.

Is this a cheap move? Or is he just a sore loser

Banned via Administration
Basically im in this leaderboard thing and it was me (DDD) vs another DDD and he was calling me cheap for chain grabbing. Then i was on 2 lives he had just spawned with 1 life so i dedecide him and he was calling me a noob and cheap.

Is this a cheap move? Or is he just a sore loser
why did you make this thread? couldn't you just answer that question for yourself? i know this is just a terrible way to brag that you beat someone online, so dont do it again.

yourmother

Smash Rookie
Yeah seriously, a little harsh. This is really just a question of why they're playing. A lot of people throw around words like "n00bs" or "tourney***s" to represent people who either "aren't good enough" or "take the game too seriously" but it's all just a matter of what's fun for you. some people really enjoy being pushed as far as they can go and trying to still come out on top. Other people are just interested in throwing down a couple quick matches for fun, and seeing something like a chainthrow completely incapacitate them can be just frustrating.

Essentially, no, it's not cheap, other characters can still beat d3 pretty solidly in spite of moves like this, it's just a matter of who's playing and why. Frankly, I think if he doesn't want to get beat up on, he shouldn't have gone on line.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
No it's definitely not cheap. Ya'll need to lighten up instead of just assuming that this guy intended to brag. Maybe he really did want our opinion.

To answer the question, no it's not cheap. You were playing with something on the line. And if there are no rules against the techniques you used of course they're legal. He's DDD too. A DDD who doesn't approve of chaingrabbing should switch characters -_-.

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Regardless of whether Pokerface was bragging or not doesn't matter, there's still no reason for this topic to exist.
Is chaingrabbing cheap? No
Was there a valid reason to make this topic? No

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
he is a sore user, inless you guys decided whats fiar/unfair before hand all techinques are fair game.

JFunk

Smash Rookie
Ok, true story. I was at Anime Matsuri and their were Smash tournaments. I entered the 1v1 and faced a lot of good guys. It was around the quarterfinals or so when I faced a Wolf player. I lost the first match and I proceeded to chain grab. He got out of it. Then I got a stock ahead of him, go him to one stock and Dedecided. When I won, he looked at me and said "Thats a ***** move..." And he looked at me like he wanted to kill me. I said "Sorry, Dude." and left.
Point is, their valid techniques and they aren't cheap. People can escape chain grabs and they just gotta learn to stop being lazy and wiggle the **** control stick once in a while. Don't let anything they say effect your game.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
play to win. chaingrabbing is part of the game. blame sakurai for making it so you can string multiple grabs together

Chaingrabbing and swallowciding is too good

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...in that case the Regicide was okay, since you were up one life and probably gonna win anyway...and he could've got out of it.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
if you infinite grabbed him then yeah, it is cheap in the sense that it was a 1 sided game.
but why the **** were you playing ranked matches, dont you know they are complete BS?

ranked matches=horribly inaccurate ways for people to brag, if you want a highly competitive match play me, and i promise i wont be cocky or brag like half the people on brawlrankings or whatever

edit: oh yeah, regicide is perfectly fair, its one of my most used techniques

Top Bottom