• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Blessing in Disguise?

Angell

Smash Cadet
*Note: I am a major optimist and I am not legally qualified, so if any of this is wrong, feel free to call me on it!

So I have been told that the biggest reason P:M couldn't get TOO big was that if it ever eclipsed Nintendo's titles it would get C&D'd... But it just got C&D'd(or something close to it). Well now that pesky C&D fear no longer exists and Nintendo can't stop people from playing... we can mention it everywhere now, it can get even more hyped up than before (hopefully... maybe?). Maybe Nintendo made an intelligent decision (for once in regards to smash) and took on the dev. team as staff to produce an actual OFFICIAL sequel to melee!

THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING GOOD FROM THIS!!....

Something? ...

Anything...

right?....

please.

Delta Chae

The Observer
*Note: I am a major optimist and I am not legally qualified, so if any of this is wrong, feel free to call me on it!

So I have been told that the biggest reason P:M couldn't get TOO big was that if it ever eclipsed Nintendo's titles it would get C&D'd... But it just got C&D'd(or something close to it). Well now that pesky C&D fear no longer exists and Nintendo can't stop people from playing... we can mention it everywhere now, it can get even more hyped up than before (hopefully... maybe?). Maybe Nintendo made an intelligent decision (for once in regards to smash) and took on the dev. team as staff to produce an actual OFFICIAL sequel to melee!

Something? ...

Anything...

right?....

please.
That would be nice but you need to remember that this is Nintendo we're dealing with.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman

Something? ...

Anything...

right?....

please.
I don't think that's quite how this works. Nintendo can't C&D the PMDT, but we can still hot-banned from Miiverse, Twitch, etc... One good thing is that the meta can now begin to develop more without things changing every five months, that's good. Not a terribly big thing, but good nonetheless.

Top Bottom