• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Better Wild Idea has Appeared! Rhydon for SSB4!

Who's your favorite of the original starters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
So far my character ideas were kind of random. They were good ideas on paper. Axew gained popularity because of the anime. I didn't know that Eevee Hero was done before but that's about to change. Rhydon should join the (insert SSB4 title here)! Rhydon may seem like a random character at first. Right?
Objection!
Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever created! This should give it a spot in SSB4!
Moveset:
B: Rock Blast- Rhydon flings a rock
B side: Take Down- Rhydon rushes forward and does major damage to opponents
B up: Drill Run- can be used for recovery and damage
B down: Stomp- Does more damage to smaller characters
Final Smash: Horn Drill- Rhydon's horn glows and then Rhydon will grab all characters within a certain range and instantly defeat them with it's horn.

A: Horn Attack- Rhydon uses his horn to attack (Max Combo: 3)
A side: Cut- Rhydon slashes with it's claw
A up: Crush Claw- Rhydon slashes upwards with it's claw
A down: Bulldoze- an attack that makes the opponent flinch

Pummel: Fury Attack- a weak horn attack
Up Grab: Fling- Rhydon throws the opponent away
Front Grab: Hammer Arm- Rhydon smashes an opponent forward
Back Grab: Dragon Tail- Rhydon sends the opponent away
Down Grab: Crunch- Rhydon stuffs the opponent in it's mouth, bites it and throws it away

Debut: Pokemon Red/Blue
Species: Drill Pokemon
Body Shape: Bipedal, tailed

Home Stage: Safari Zone
Gimmicks: Wild Pokemon run all over the place like Chansey and Rhyhorn.
Music:
Gym Leader (Remix) (Firered/Leafgreen)
Blue's Battle for Champion (Remix) (Firered/Leafgreen)
Lance/Red (Remix) (Heartgold/Soulsilver)
Celadon City (Firered/Leafgreen)
Legendary Pokemon (Remix) (Firered/Leafgreen)

Please reply with opinions and possibly a better moveset. This might be a crazy idea but it can work.
Rhydon!.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You may want to spruce up the primary post. It's a bit bare. Also, what does the poll have to do with the thread?

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
You may want to spruce up the primary post. It's a bit bare. Also, what does the poll have to do with the thread?
Well, Rhydon is a generation 1 Pokemon and this data could help me decide if Venusaur or Blastoise would be a good idea. Also, what could I do to spruce it up?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm... Maybe you should put a bit more thought on your threads and which characters to put in. Sure Rhydon was the first Pokemon but if that meant he deserved to be in smash they would have done so since the previous installments especially smash 64.

He seems more like a less than likely pokemon. But that's just me. ^^;

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... Maybe you should put a bit more thought on your threads and which characters to put in. Sure Rhydon was the first Pokemon but if that meant he deserved to be in smash they would have done so since the previous installments.

He seems more like a less than likely pokemon. But that's just me. ^^;
Rhydon isn't very likely but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To be honest, I think there are enough Gen 1 pokemon in Smash already. Let's give the other generations a chance.

To improve the primary post, I suggest adding general info about Rhydon. Go to Bulbapedia.
And flesh out the moveset. Include the other attacks, like grabs, tilts, smash attacks etc.

Take a look at the front posts of K. Rool, Lloyd, Isaac, Bowser Jr. etc. Those will give you a good idea. :)

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I think there are enough Gen 1 pokemon in Smash already. Let's give the generations a chance.

To improve the primary post, I suggest adding general info about Rhydon. Go to Bulbapedia.
And flesh out the moveset. Include the other attacks, like grabs, tilts, smash attacks etc.

Take a look at the front posts of K. Rool, Lloyd, Isaac, Bowser Jr. etc. Those will give you a good idea. :)
I'm not a huge fan of Gen 1 but Rhydon was the first Pokemon created. Nintendo should at least consider it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Blastoise would be the best idea ever! :009:

But damn, I'd secretly love Rhydon as well. Cause ****, Rhydon is like one of the best things ever. He's extremely unlikely though. And I hate how they ****ing ruined him with Rhyperior- but did you know; Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever created? I think that should count for something.

Also, there's this: 'Less than likely Pokemon characters' thread. You definitely should check that out before making a new thread for every single Pokemon you can make a moveset for... :rolleyes:

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Blastoise would be the best idea ever! :009:

But damn, I'd secretly love Rhydon as well. Cause ****, Rhydon is like one of the best things ever. He's extremely unlikely though. And I hate how they ****ing ruined him with Rhyperior- but did you know; Rhydon was the first Pokemon ever created? I think that should count for something.

Also, there's this: 'Less than likely Pokemon characters' thread. You definitely should check that out before making a new thread for every single Pokemon you can make a moveset for... :rolleyes:
I stated that it was the first Pokemon created. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Rhydon isn't very likely but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

I suppose so, but I still think that Gamefreak would rather go for Zoroark or whatever the 6th gen humanoid mascot is. And if they were to go for another first gen rep, I'd see the likes of Meowth being more likely but hey. Who knows I guess. ^^

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
If they had a first gen rep, I'd prefer Raichu, Clefairy or Eevee but I just did Rhydon because I don't think anyone thought of it yet.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I thought about it before, yet didn't find it worthy to make a thread for Rhydon. Cause we have you know, the Less than likely Pokemon characters- thread.

The idea has also been suggested pre-Brawl.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why are you making threads for every pokemon ever?

Rhydon is nothing special. And if the order in which Pokemon were created made a difference we would have had Voltorb instead of Pikachu.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I see him as a trophy with that trivia (first pokémon ever designed) in it tops. A character? Uberlol. A poké ball? Unlikely but possible.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Why are you making threads for every pokemon ever?

Rhydon is nothing special. And if the order in which Pokemon were created made a difference we would have had Voltorb instead of Pikachu.
Your example is different. Just because a Pokemon was made before a Pokemon doesn't mean that it's more important. Rhydon was Nintendo's FIRST
Pokemon. That means that it's special to Game Freak and Nintendo. Pikachu is a mascot of the series. By your logic, Mr. Game and Watch should be the mascot of Nintendo. Hmmm... I think I made my point clear.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Rhydon isn't as important as I thought it was. From now on, I'm done with this post! Can any moderator lock or better yet, delete this post? Not much of an important Pokemon. I'm done with this. I'm going to work on Clefairy. It was supposed to be the mascot of Pokemon until Pikachu showed up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My Goodness. Man, I suggest you to avoid making another Gen 1 pokémon thread.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Or at least put it in the unlikely Pokemon newcomers thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom