• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8 Characters per Slot Possibility

Pokemon Assemble

Smash Rookie
One day, I WILL make the most kickass mod pack on the internet. One thing I'm willing to entertain is multiple characters per slot.

From what I've gathered over the years was the fact that it's possible to have 2 different characters per slot. It was called a Zalt (if I remember correctly) and it would change the PSA, character alts, & models of the character that was tied to that slot completely... but the usage was very hit or miss. For example, mod packs have previously used this to hide overpowered versions of vanilla brawl characters... and it was very buggy, as you couldn't even see the character unless you kept holding Z while changing the skins.
I was thinking of making Zalts like hidden character slots on the character select screen... but after deep thinking, experimentation with other mod packs, and how the software, Brawl, has it's limits broken just about every year, I think we can do something revolutionary and special with this game, and even impliment things that Sakarai, himself, never thought of thinking about, or even STRAIGHT OUT cannot do within the development of Brawl.
Simply put, the D-Pad for the GameCube controller is completely unused on the character select screen, much like the Z button, and the -, Z, and C buttons on the Wii Remote & Nunchuck. Are those gears turning now?!
What I'm proposing is that we can cram 4 characters into 1 slot and choose 1 character from those 4 choices with the D-Pad, and expand that 1 slot into 8 characters.

"What is the point in that when you can just add more slots?" You may be asking.
Simple, I want to accommodate to the Wii's awful RAM, and this method is more efficient than BrawlEX. Why not Dolphin? Novelty and Casual Recreational Use

I'll explain everything in an abridged format. I'll coin this method: Swap Slots

Through Swap Slotting with the vanilla slots already alloted, ignoring PM, that'll give us 32 slots. Now we math: 32 x 4 x 2 = 256 Characters!!
BrawlEX already has this, BUT does it really work with the Wii's RAM? No
88 Megabytes

If we have 256 slots on the character select screen, it's feasibly possible, yes... but the Wii's cache...
This is ignoring the fact that Brawl uses the Wii's cache to store data such as menus, characters, stages, models, and moves to make the game seem like it's running smooth.

I just want to know the possibility of this ever happening, because I understand how it could work.

Top Bottom