• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7.6 Gig Drive Life

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Title says it all. 7.6 gigs, where as brawl is about 8.

UGGHHHHHHHHHHH..

I have pretty much everything I need to run PM, except USB Loader GX is being a jerk, and won't load my WBFS drive (in that format to reduce ISO size). I figured, "Oh, I'll just reformat it to FAT32, and then Scrub the ISO! Easy peasy!". Well, you can guess what happened:

30 min search for tools to re-size the ISO, and even remove subspace emissary cutscenes, but pretty much no guides anywhere on the internet. Usually just a couple foreign links. Can anyone PLEASE, PLEASE, help me find a scrubbed Brawl ISO, or more preferable, an ISO scrubber. Yes, I know Dolphin can scrub, but that changes the file type, and USBLGX won't run that. Also, most scrubber links are taken down.

Also, a way to remove the Subspace cut scenes would be appreciated, as those take a huge chunk of data.

Narpas_sword

pretty sure scrubbed isos wont work correctly.

Suggest just buying a larger usb stick.

What's going wrong with usb loader gx?
I have 4 wiis all using 8gb sticks with brawl.

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
pretty sure scrubbed isos wont work correctly.

Suggest just buying a larger usb stick.

What's going wrong with usb loader gx?
I have 4 wiis all using 8gb sticks with brawl.
No, ISOs auto scrub when in a WFBS drive. It worked before, but this time it won't recognize my drive

person66

Smash Cadet
The drive can be formatted as FAT32. WBFS formatted drives haven't been needed for years, just use Wii Backup Manager to transfer the ISO to the FAT32 flash drive as .wbfs files. My Brawl copy takes up 6.92GB on my drive this way.

EDIT: Quick guide on how to do it with Wii Backup Manager:
1. Open WBM, go to the "Drive 1" tab, click the drop-down in the top left where it says "Inactive" and select your drive.
2. Go to "Files" tab, choose Add->Files..., select your Brawl ISO.
3. Make sure the checkbox beside Brawl in the list is checked, then click Transfer->Drive 1
4. It should now copy the ISO to the drive as .wbfs files. Once it is done you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
*screaming because despite this, still won't load my drive*

BUT SERIOUSLY, THANKS MY FRIENDO, DID NOT KNOW THIS

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Can you try a different usb drive? Not all work with the wii.
no other drives possible.
Performed a bootice reformat on that drive (Fat 32), and will test it in the coming days.

Like damn, schoolwork got me on lockdown, today was my last chance until next week.

Should I do a syscheck if I get the chance if the drive won't work?

Sudoi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blargbla
Got it to work, but loading Brawl results in it heading back to HBC. ???? Brawl ISO functioned fine before, acting up now.

EDIT::
Loads up on USBGX, and loads others fine. But brawl iso won't work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom