• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

64 Weeklies at Hitbox Arena

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
my post from ecssb64:

i went to Hitbox Arena in Kinnelon to check it out.

some things:

1. venue is smallllllllllll. like, picture yestercades' back room, but narrower. looks like if it gets overcrowded we'll have to hang out in pathmark and hit on elderly cashiers.
2. venue is also relatively new (~5 months old) and has been doing weekly smash saturdays for a few weeks.
3. there are multiple CRTs that can be delegated for use depending on attendance of the games. CRTs do not seem to be an issue here, all nice size and in the venue already, so no need to carry (unless you want to bring in your own 13inch or w/e)
4. PARKING LOT. MEJOR
5. johnny, the owner, said there will be two streams available, one for winner's and one for loser's. which is pretty cool. basically, if we ball the **** out and mob the joint, we'll have a dedicated stream instead of just top-n.
6. it's about 45m north of my house, so anyone who's been here knows that's a little further than red bank, but it's not bad coming from ny state. little further from the city and philly, though. also further from md, obv.
7. there are 4 systems there but only 2 carts. it's pretty much byoc (not that everyone doesn't already do that, but this brings me to the next issue). i guess people need to bring carts.
8. local interest looks like it's at about ZERO. i'm not familiar with the area at all, so i don't know what's around that i can reach out to for advertisement or anything. there's also nothing around for people to walk by and be like, oh there's something going on. maybe the theater next door, but i dunno. i'll scope around some more.

Top Bottom