• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5th Gen RMT

IceArrow

Smash Lord
The strategy of this team is to use my lead to sweep and use all my other pokemon to take out the remainders. This team has more Wins than Losses but not by much. That is why I have this RMT.

Ononokusu (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- X-Scissor
- Outrage
- Earthquake

This team is based around this guy. He has an incredible Attack stat (147) and a decent Speed stat (97) and when my opponents use Stealth Rock or something else I get in a Dragon Dance and I take out all of there pokemon. X-Scissor and Earthquake are for type coverage. Also Mold Breaker allows it that Intimidate doesn't work on it so it can still sweep.
--------------

Urugamosu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Butterfly Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast
- Wind Storm

This guy can easily sweep. Not as well as Ononokusu though. Nobody has ever beaten me if I successfully got off a DD with Ononokusu and a Butterfly Dance with this guy.

--------------

Emboar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Volt
- Brick Break

If you guys don't know what Reckless does it doubles the power of all recoil moves. Head Smash, Flare Blitz, and Wild Volt are all recoil moves and Brick Break is there for type coverage and STAB. Flare Blitz also has STAB so not many pokemon survive after a Flare Blitz because Reckless doubles it too.
--------------

Kerudio @ Leftovers
Trait: Justice Heart
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Boiling Water
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

I needed a water type and he is the only good one in 5th Gen. Boiling Water over Surf because burning opponents help my pokemon sweep. Ill probably switch him to Suicune because he is dead weight and I have too many sweepers and he is the worst out of them.
--------------

Terakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justice Heart
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

After one Rock Polish he can tear apart every team. This is just a standard set for him.
--------------

Jaroda (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Perversity
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Tail

Everyone knows what this does but if you don't, when he uses Leaf Storm he boosts SpA 2 stages and Leaf Storm is a really strong attack. with Choice Scarf pokemon are not faster than him.

The main threats for this team are Water types with Ice Beam. Kingdra destroys my team. Rain Dance teams destoy my team too.

A BIG problem with this team is that there are too many sweepers and I need a support pokemon badly.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Take off Emboar. It has pretty terrible stats iirc

Even Infernape would be much better considering that it looks like it's trying to accomplish what it does

EDIT:

Btw, Kerudio isn't the only good water type this gen. Seaking, Politoed, Kingdra, Tenta, and a couple more are just as good if not better now

IceArrow

Smash Lord
I wanted an all 5th gen team btw. I really like Emboar because Flare blitz kills everything and its a good Jaroda counter.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It seems more like a check tbh. And there are still better pokemon than Emboar out there. For example, you already have Mothra in your team. That can easily take care of Jaroda.

And tbh, if you REALLY want to win it, I'd suggest a scarfed Heatran instead of Emboar. If you really want an all gen V team, then I dunno. You already have Mothra. Might as well choose something else

EDIT:

Bulbapedia said:
Powers up moves that have recoil damage.
Yes it does Kofu

EDIT2: Eh... nevermind, I got what you meant now...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Fuel, we really don't know how much Reckless boosts in Gen V.

It's either x1.2 or x2.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What kind of support are you looking for?

Rain? Politoed.
Wish? Vaporeon.
Heal Bell? ...something

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Why is Ononokusu your lead? He gets beaten by practically any decent lead... hell nearly all of the gen 4 leads beat him. Second X-scissor gets you NOTHING. STAB Outrage (120 X 1.5=180) hits harder than super effective X-scissor (80 X 2 = 160)

To be honest, DD onono doesn't work in this metagame. He's simply not fast enough to actually sweep, especially with Scarfers like Garchomp , Ditto and even strong priority neuter him. If you want to use Onono
use SD (stallkiller) or Choice Band. Don't make him your lead.

The moth is mad powerful, but you don't have any ways to support him. You don't even have a spinner to remove entry hazards and prevent SR from ripping half of your health.

Emboar isn't horrible... but that set is. A 65 Base pokemon with Choice Scarf? Madness. He's far to slow to abuse a scarf. You are better of abusing Choice Band with him or outright dropping him. Speed Boost Blaziken seems like a good fit, and he can abuse that 130 Base power Hi-jump kick to full effect. If you really want a revenge killer use choice scarf Garchomp you can't go wrong with him.

Your Kerudio wants Mystery Sword. (A 90 Base Special attack fighting move that targets the opponents physical defense... IE if you face Blissey your hitting her physical defense) He also wants Surf for noticeably more power (Boiling water isn't a sweeping move) You also want HP electric to hit opposing water types (most notable are starmie and burunkuru) *HP Grass isn't redundant with your current moveset, so if you think it's better... it's not.

Your Terakion wants Jolly. Speed > Power especially when you revenge base 100-105 threats like chomp and mence and at least tie with the other fighters.
but aside from that he looks good.

Choice Scarf Jaroda is a waste. That thing has destroyed me so many times, but it was because of it's nasty LO sweeper set. Drop scarf, run LO and run Hidden power fire for Nattorei.

Dragon Tail is useless for Jaroda, it has negative priority and it's a physical attack move...

Top Bottom