• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

56k's DK

Gea

Smash Master
Alot of work needed. Grab more, dashdance more, don't use your second jump so freely, tilt more, don't roll so much, use the 9 wind... etc.

I think you just need more practice with Melee. <.<

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Not really. I just need more practice with DK lol

I got some G&W matches recorded but there was a problem with the software so idk if they will be out ;)

This advice isn't really assuring or anything lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ummm the 9 wind isn't very useful at all in Melee. Only use it if you think it's worth a few more frames of startup just to ensure a KO even if it's reverse.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yeah that's why I use full charge. I don't think a slower startup is worth it.

Besides, I charge in segments. I can't always keep up with arm swings ;[

hubble

Smash Ace
Nair isn't all that safe to approach with, whenever you grab you want a combo out of it, shffled uairs are awesome.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
nair is a bad approach? I actually find it quite useful...what is a safer approach then? :)

What's the best non-bair approach (i can't always bair haha)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea you can't always bair, you can dashdance around until they make a mistake though. that's always fun. nair is actually a pretty safe approach if you know how to space it well. f-tilt is a good attack to use when they're at the right distance, and dash attack is a really good approach vs. spacies & captain falcon. if you get a dash attack in, you can usually get either a u-air -> juggle, a grab -> juggle, or a sweetspot standing b-up. really good.

I think you should just stop playing Brawl. ^_^

Top Bottom