• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 suggestions for new character duos in Super Smash Bros. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
"I’m looking only at duos that would be totally new to the Smash Bros. franchise. In order to for a duo to make my list today, they have to have not been playable in any of the Super Smash Bros. games – even characters who were dropped between Melee and Brawl. The other rule is that the two must be known as a duo – no haphazardly throwing characters together. The two characters must be known for their relationship to one another."

Source: List O' Games: 5 suggestions for new character duos in Super Smash Bros. 4

Any time I write an article about Smash Bros, I have to come here to Smash Boards for feedback.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't think any of these should, or are likely to, get in, personally.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think having any more duo characters would take away from the unique feeling of the Ice Climbers.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
TEAM ROCKET!

Jesse and James FTW.

They could fight kinda like Yugi in Ultimate Stars. I know it's very tough to make up a believable moveset for them...but anyway, yeah. Team Rocket rockin, baby.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, at the very least this one didn't claim Diddy "kind of struggled to be his own character, for whatever reason."

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Except Alex in the middle... Any of this evil duos from Golden Sun would be awesome! (Alex could be an awesome boss fight... Dang Camelot.. when will you let me KICK HIS ass?)

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
Well, at the very least this one didn't claim Diddy "kind of struggled to be his own character, for whatever reason."
I genuinely do want feedback here – what arguments would have in Diddy Kong's favor? Because I personally felt that a lot of Diddy Kong's moves felt kind of gimmicky in Brawl but that he wasn't a particularly useful character. What did you like about Diddy Kong? What did you think worked?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I genuinely do want feedback here – what arguments would have in Diddy Kong's favor? Because I personally felt that a lot of Diddy Kong's moves felt kind of gimmicky in Brawl but that he wasn't a particularly useful character. What did you like about Diddy Kong? What did you think worked?
My personal opinion is that Diddy exudes character and was a wonderful blend between realistic and cartoony elements, much like the series he hails from, to which his moves were highly faithful as well. Judging by his ability to fight and beat many of the game's other best characters, I'd consider him pretty useful as well. What I take issue with is Diddy being criticized for 'struggling to be his own character,' then coupled with Dixie, which would not only reduce him into one-half of a walking, breathing gimmick, but would botch his personality as a competent individual hero (who's also more iconic for being Donkey's partner, not Dixie's).

The rest of the lists are fine, that bit was just frustrating.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm, compared to the previous list of duos, I like this one better.

I'm not sure how Ephraim & Eirika would work though.

The rest I can picture them working.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I can see Twinrova being a duo boss. Other than that I'm not entirely sure the rest are viable.

It's not a bad list though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I'm wondering why you didn't list Chrom and Lucina as a tag team. Keep in mind, I don't think we'll be getting more than just the Ice Climbers, but if we were, I think this option would be the most likely.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If there was a new duo it would be pulse and minun since there part of the forbidden 7
Actually, GoldenYuuitusin (another poster here) has a different theory that actually seems a bit more plausible. The "pra_mai," instead of being Plusle and Minun (who would've gotten different data from each other), could be translated as "My Player." Perhaps a placeholder for a custom character?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Actually, GoldenYuuitusin (another poster here) has a different theory that actually seems a bit more plausible. The "pra_mai," instead of being Plusle and Minun (who would've gotten different data from each other), could be translated as "My Player." Perhaps a placeholder for a custom character?
Mii? Mii was meant to be in brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom