• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS vs Wii U gameplay differences

SaintChairface

Smash Cadet
In the past several days folks on these forums have been fairly diligent in discovering and cataloging the changes from 3DS v1.0.3 to 1.0.4, but since the release of the Wii U version it seems that everyone has been more focused on the new features and flashy graphics to notice the gameplay differences. We simply aren't dealing with the same game on 2 platforms, unless the Wii U version is simply waiting on an update to catch up to 3DS.

For instance in 1.0.4 they updated Dedede's Gordos to have a lower damage threshold so that any character's jab would reflect them, but on Wii U Gordos will sail straight through Megaman and Palutena's jabs. I've also noticed that several attacks across various characters have different amounts of startup and lag, and, if I'm not mistaken, air dodges are significantly longer.

Last edited:

vypex

Smash Cadet
3ds version is still the most competitive?
Larger user base leads to better opposition, I find better battles on 3ds the occasional good battle on wii u but get my butt handed to me more on 3ds, give it a couple weeks until its released world wide

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Olimar's Pikmin don't desync or get stuck on Wii U, ever. 1.0.4 reduced how often it happens on 3DS but didn't manage to 100% fix it.

It also looks to me like Mega Man's uair is even bigger than it already was in 1.0.4, but I dunno if maybe the HD is playing tricks on my eyes. Can anyone confirm?

Top Bottom