• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Tourney I'm in as the only Zelda out of 65 others is today.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
I had some practice matches yesterday with the tourney organizer and unofficial matches with another competitor. It seems i'm not that very good. At least the other competitor didn't let me any space. He was using Little Mac. I fought him 4 times 1vs1 and could not win. He landed every single ko punch on me as he kept me in the air all the time which i heard is Zelda's horror. Then the tourney organizer joined in a 3 player match and even with his character hitting little mac too I did not win a single of those against him. I believe the organizer did win 2 matches. I only won one once when I changed to female Robin. I just could not keep up with Little Mac. But i'm not changing Zelda. I'll keep her for the tourney which starts at 4:30 EST or in my time in about 7:30 hours from this post. I don't think it will be aired anywhere on twitch or hosted in another place. So I'll try to post if I can about how it went later on. I thought I'd post here and let you know since some people said to let you guys know about the results and you've been nice to me giving me info about Zelda and some support. Thank you. I promise I'll do my best with Zelda or at least die in the first round trying. I'm not gonna give up until "Game set" is on my screen!

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
I find it to be a challenge when going up against Little Mac as Zelda, though I've learned that if you spot dodge a lot and time your attacks (specifically Din's Fire in some situations or Nayru's Love), you tend to get him off of your back. Also, throwing him into the air can sometimes work in your favor. Shielding also works against some of his approaches.

Though of course it depends on the playstyle of the Little Mac you're facing. Good luck and respect to you for sticking with your character even if the odds are against you.

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
Well it was a total bummer. I didn't even get to fight. I was disqualified for bad connection. The worst thing is that before even the tourney was made I had befriended another Zelda player who I asked if we could spar when the game came out. He was also in the tourney and was practically the very first person I added before the tourney was made. He had 3 characters of indecision. On the very day of the tourney he decided to also use Zelda. For an instance I was sad, my unique title of representing Zelda was not unique but as a flash I quickly became happy! Another! Another Zelda player was in! When we started on the first rounds he messaged me: "As if it were fate we are up against each other on the first rounds, good luck to you" I was sorta conflicted this means in the very first a zelda would be eliminated but another would advance. This is where horror begins... He could not connect to me and he forfeited by saying I deserve the chance and to move on. I was devastated. He gave up for me. But unlike in games and movies as well as anime and manga the phrase: "I must win or his sacrifice would be in vain did not come to pass." The first rounds passed and the second set came. The fighter that had advance and pit against me could not connect also. Therefore I was disqualified for bad connection. The thing that pisses me of was that both Zeldas were out and It was my fault the other could have advance if it were not for me. Funny the tourney host tested me and he connected with me fine he had previously as I mentioned as well as another player. Also I cannot connect to anyone on for fun for glory and not join friends. I guess theres no point in mastering Zelda now. I'll never be able to play with humans then. Albeit a few less than 5 actually.
As for the results:
1st place: R.O.B. (the only rob player in the entire tourney)
2nd place: Duck Hunt
3rd place: Fox
4th place: Sheik

Thank you all for the support anyway, it was great when i needed it the most. I'm grateful for all.

Top Bottom