• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS remote play on Wii U?

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Or atleast the wii u version on 3ds via remote play since they both run at 60 fps. ;)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Didn't Sony do something similar for PSP games on the PS3? If they can do that, I'm sure Nintendo can work some kind of magic. Besides, I think I see a pattern:

NES ---> Nothing
SNES ---> Super GameBoy (GB and few GBC games)
N64 ---> Nothing
GameCube ---> GameBoy Player (GB, GBC, and GBA games)
Wii ---> Nothing
Wii U --- ??? (maybe DS and 3DS games?)

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
Didn't Sony do something similar for PSP games on the PS3? If they can do that, I'm sure Nintendo can work some kind of magic. Besides, I think I see a pattern:

NES ---> Nothing
SNES ---> Super GameBoy (GB and few GBC games)
N64 ---> Nothing
GameCube ---> GameBoy Player (GB, GBC, and GBA games)
Wii ---> Nothing
Wii U --- ??? (maybe DS and 3DS games?)
They could do it with Wii U games by using the circle pad pro.

finalark

SNORLAX
A DS player for the Wii U would be fantastic. As someone who doesn't care for having to press those tiny buttons with his monstrous man-thumbs and prefers a full-size TV to that tiny little DS screen (well, relatively tiny) I would be sold on it in a heartbeat.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
A DS player for the Wii U would be fantastic. As someone who doesn't care for having to press those tiny buttons with his monstrous man-thumbs and prefers a full-size TV to that tiny little DS screen (well, relatively tiny) I would be sold on it in a heartbeat.
And vice versa for those who want to play on the go. It can connect via hotspot if you're far away from your wii u.
Quality I would expect to be atleast 480p to 720p.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And vice versa for those who want to play on the go. It can connect via hotspot if you're far away from your wii u.
Quality I would expect to be atleast 480p to 720p.
You can't expect even 480p when the 3DS can only output 240.

Gamecube Kid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperSonicX2014
3DS FC
3325-3644-1635
You can't expect even 480p when the 3DS can only output 240.
Good enough for me. True quality over appearance quality. If the game run at a well enough speed then that's well enough for me to say it's worth it.

Top Bottom