• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[3DS] Online Discussion

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
So. I have been thinking about the online lately, mostly for the 3DS game, and I have concluded what I think would fit best.
Sort of a MK7 like online. It just needs a bit more. For example, in communities, you could make which game mode you play, you could make certain items only usable, certain characters usable, and certain stages be random.
I was also thinking on the friends list instead of just directly joining, which seems kind of annoying to me at least, plus since there's only 4 characters at most in match, just send a request to play a private match. Or, while waiting to start the match, if you have less than 4 players, you could send requests to friends to join you.
In Worldwide, you click Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, then Stock, Time, Stamina, or Coin Grabbing. All items will be on automatically, all characters unlocked will be usable, on stock, randomly 1, 3, 5, or 10 lives. On Time, always 2:00 or 5:00 minutes. On Coin Grabbers, you ALWAYS go for 300 coins, and on Stamina, you always start with 100. On Team Deathmatch, teams are preset. You select a stage and one of the selected stages is randomly chosen like in Mario Kart.
In private matches, you can do anything you could do in normal battle offline.
There will also be a Tournament mode, with 4, 8, 16, or 32. On 16 or 32, you can select 4 player matches. (Until championship on 32.)

So, that may seem a little confusing and cluttered as I came up with that fast.
But the main reason I made this thread was because I was wondering what YOU guys wanted for the 3DS online mode. So, post what you want.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As long as it has online play, I'll be happy.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So. I have been thinking about the online lately, mostly for the 3DS game, and I have concluded what I think would fit best.
Sort of a MK7 like online. It just needs a bit more. For example, in communities, you could make which game mode you play, you could make certain items only usable, certain characters usable, and certain stages be random.
I was also thinking on the friends list instead of just directly joining, which seems kind of annoying to me at least, plus since there's only 4 characters at most in match, just send a request to play a private match. Or, while waiting to start the match, if you have less than 4 players, you could send requests to friends to join you.
In Worldwide, you click Deathmatch or Team Deathmatch, then Stock, Time, Stamina, or Coin Grabbing. All items will be on automatically, all characters unlocked will be usable, on stock, randomly 1, 3, 5, or 10 lives. On Time, always 2:00 or 5:00 minutes. On Coin Grabbers, you ALWAYS go for 300 coins, and on Stamina, you always start with 100. On Team Deathmatch, teams are preset. You select a stage and one of the selected stages is randomly chosen like in Mario Kart.
In private matches, you can do anything you could do in normal battle offline.
There will also be a Tournament mode, with 4, 8, 16, or 32. On 16 or 32, you can select 4 player matches. (Until championship on 32.)

So, that may seem a little confusing and cluttered as I came up with that fast.
But the main reason I made this thread was because I was wondering what YOU guys wanted for the 3DS online mode. So, post what you want.
This is pretty much what I want(and playable Mii's). But I just hope the wi-fi is good this time around.

D

Deleted member

As long as it has online play, I'll be happy.
Not if the online play lags to no end and we're stuck with very limited options. Smash Bros. 4 needs to move away from that joke that was Brawl's online and give us a competent system.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not if the online play lags to no end and we're stuck with very limited options. Smash Bros. 4 needs to move away from that joke that was Brawl's online and give us a competent system.
I don't think they purposely made Brawl's online laggy. At least I hope not...

I'm sure they will do a better job this time around.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
In almost every aspect imho. I wonder how big he budget was for that game.
Given Melee's success, probably bigger than most other Wii games'. Sakurai always loves to push the boundaries, which is fine, but he also needs to know the limit.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hope Sm4sh budget is the same or bigger because the WiiU is not limited like Wii was...it would be actually smart & worth it...this time...and above all..good!

Top Bottom