• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3DS Multiplayer modes

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
So I seem to remember Sakurai saying that the 3DS game will be more of a "personal experience" so where does that leave 3DS multiplayer? Will it be like online with friends on Brawl? Be able to change stocks and time and and items and stuff but no special Brawls? I'm sure there's probably going to be an online multiplayer and a local multiplayer. But will there be any special modes like Coin and Bonus if it comes back? Or Multi-Man Brawls or Home-Run Contest? What do you guys think? Will the 3DS multiplayer be very simple and not have very many special things in it?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm pretty sure it will have a multiplayer/online mode of some sort. It wouldn't make any sense to exclude it. But I think they meant you will have more stuff to do in the single player mode. Such as more events, larger adventure mode, more collectibles, target smash would probably be more like Smash 64 and Melee compared to the Wii U version who would probably have a more expanded special mode, more items and more co-op features etc. I do hope the 3DS version does still allow you to go up against 4 cpu players if you wish to though.

Top Bottom