• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 generations of link in smash bros

pyro363

Smash Journeyman
looking for youko and samurai panda at michigan st
So i want to know what you guys think. I love link and by far from every perspective the link in brawl has impressed me the most. So really you like any link on any smash bros. All you need to say is which one you like best and why? You can also like differant links in differant smash bros like for example: you could like his moveset in melee but his design in brawl.

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
to me link hasn't really changed all that much so its hard to really pick one out, sure minor changes have occured but i think most people would agree that link's core playstyle has pretty much been stable, namely, spam every projectile he has. However, the version that i respect most was the N64 version, i for the longest time believed that link in n64 was unfeasible. But when i saw isai play the n64 link i practically **** myself. Link dominated almost everyone... Link in 64 was like the ultimate comebacker, he was the back door to the top tier. This link really surprised me

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I think melee link was the best of them. There were alot more things you could do with him and he was the best of the three at comboing. I just miss the strategies of melee link.

Half-Breed13

Smash Rookie
wat the entire basis of the fir ssb game was to grabd your opponent after damagin them and chuck em off the map. link and samus had a great advantage with their long grab attacks. in melee, that gameplay was stripped and, to me, made better. link had a great number of combos ensuring his position as my favorite. In brawl, not much changed but getting rid of his extremely fast sword barrage :'(
Also, the addition of final smashes affected him and since he has a very powerful one, that is good. also bombs and arrows are finally more powerful and it is easier to grapple to the edge of the map whereas i could only do it occasionally in hyrule temple when i wasnt attacked and i was lucky.

1.Link
2.Ike
3.Pit
4.Pokemon trainer

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Compared to Melee Link, Brawl Link is a tad worse since his Boomerang eventually does no damage at all after it's thrown.

Top Bottom