• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 won't get past load, but 3.5 is fine

renex

Smash Rookie
Hello. I'm new here. I'm having issues which I cannot find the answer for anywhere.

I have a working homebrew installation of PM 3.5 that I have been using for a while. Now, trying to use 3.6b on it, it will not get past the brief flash of the brawl loading sign. It does show the PM welcome screen, and then when it is supposed to display the intro movie it just freezes the whole console.

When trying to use the hackless version, getting to the stage builder will cause this after loading.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4ryd2krr8ertsy/2015-05-01 13.46.00.jpg?dl=0

This exact same pattern was generated by incorrectly installing 3.5, for reference.

I'd really appreciate any help solving this problem. My wii's dvd drive broke last year, so I modded a laptop hard drive inside it although that does not affect 3.5 from working correctly. My brawl disc and console are both NTSC (latin america) and I'm pretty sure I have system menu 4.3 (it's actually my friend's wii and I don't have physical access to it right this moment).

Also, for reference, when playing 3.5 half the stages used to cause that very noisy kind of freeze... but that was fixed when I downgraded back to 3.5 after trying 3.6b, which is weird as the file structure is in theory identical to before.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Take your gcn Memory card out? usually solves the green and pink hackless issue.

Otherwise, you could look into usb loading for homebrew.

Last edited:

renex

Smash Rookie
I don't have a memory card.

What do you mean USB loading? I already load the game from USB, because my DVD drive fried.

Edit: oh you mean load PM from USB? I'm take a look and see if it's possible next time I'm there. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom