• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Pokemon Stadium and Saffron City Music Switch problem

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
The music in Saffron City and Pokemon Stadium have been switched, but in my music settings, the Pokemon Stadium settings are in Saffron City and vice-versa

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Nevermind it fixed after I updated the wifi
Edit: Interesting discovery actually, when you change the names of the music in info.pac and mu_menumain, the images of some levels and the song names invert for pokemon stadium and saffron

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hi @ qwertz143 qwertz143 ,

We arent quite sure what it is you're having an issue with here, are you able to elaborate?
Are you using a Freshly formatted SD card with only the new Project m 3.6 files?
Title of the bug: Saffron and Stadium switching music
Version found in: PM3.6 final
Hardware you are running: Wii
Loading Method: Homebrew
Custom Content: ASL, cBliss (including many portrait, icon, and skin edits, custom music, changed song titles

Details:
Actually I'm having an issue with this as well. When I moved over a bunch of the stuff from my custom Project M 3.6 build, for some reason Saffron City and Pokemon Stadium have switched soundtracks! Was this intentional? I started with a fresh build of PM3.6 and all I did was copy my files over. It isn't just an images and song names problem. Literally the entire soundtracks have swapped as if Saffron was now over DXPSTADIUM.PAC rather than STADIUM.PAC, but that's the freaky part because it's not! My STADIUM.PAC is still Saffron City!

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

Moving this to Help and support, it's not a bug as you're installing custom content.

There is a code involved in the codeset for giving the stages their music slots back (beta ps2 only had 3, instead of 5)
You could try the song export / import tool in my sig.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Moving this to Help and support, it's not a bug as you're installing custom content.

There is a code involved in the codeset for giving the stages their music slots back (beta ps2 only had 5, instead of 5)
You could try the song export / import tool in my sig.
(I'm assuming you meant to say 3 instead of 5) So 3.6final ps2 is actually supposed to have 5 in the first place? And it was just different for the beta?

Narpas_sword

yea, corrected, thanks.

3.5 Ps2 had 5 songs. and was STGSTADUIM.pac
3.6 beta introduced the ASL. and put PS2 on STGDXPSTADUIM.pac
People didn't like that it in 3.6 beta, PS2 only had 3 stages (as that's all DXPStaduims has)

but as the stages had issues working over other slots (i think, there was a reason like this anyway) a code was implemented to swap the music around.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
(I'm assuming you meant to say 3 instead of 5) So 3.6final ps2 is actually supposed to have 5 in the first place? And it was just different for the beta?
Yes. Originally, PS2 went over it's original slot, "STGSTADIUM" which had 5 tracks, while saffron was over another slot. In 3.6b with the introduction of ASL, PS2 had to be moved to PS1's slot, "STGDXPSTADIUM" in order for both of them to work correctly. This resulted in PS2 now having only 3 song slots, while Saffron was placed over PS2's original slot, gaining 5 track slots.

3.6 rectifies this by switching them back as such.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
yea, corrected, thanks.

3.5 Ps2 had 5 songs. and was STGSTADUIM.pac
3.6 beta introduced the ASL. and put PS2 on STGDXPSTADUIM.pac
People didn't like that it in 3.6 beta, PS2 only had 3 stages (as that's all DXPStaduims has)

but as the stages had issues working over other slots (i think, there was a reason like this anyway) a code was implemented to swap the music around.
Yes. Originally, PS2 went over it's original slot, "STGSTADIUM" which had 5 tracks, while saffron was over another slot. In 3.6b with the introduction of ASL, PS2 had to be moved to PS1's slot, "STGDXPSTADIUM" in order for both of them to work correctly. This resulted in PS2 now having only 3 song slots, while Saffron was placed over PS2's original slot, gaining 5 track slots.

3.6 rectifies this by switching them back as such.
AH. I guess I was just spoiled by 3.6b then. Welp. Time to go swap some songs around haha.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Nononono guys I solved it before hand only. Because of customized content I'm assuming you copied info.pac and mu_menumain.pac from PM 3.6 beta like I did. So in order to fix the problem, just go to projectm/pf/menu2/mu_menumain.pac
Open it on brawlbox and replace Miscdata[0] from the new PM 3.6 file, and everything works properly. There is no need to swap songs or anything.

Top Bottom