• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Online on Wii?

Ander

Smash Cadet
This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if there is a way to connect online on Wii. Can someone explain me/give me an updated guide? Thanks a lot!

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Wiimmfi, but it's usually so ridiculously laggy it's never worth it. Air dodges from light presses, too, so it'll screw up wavedash timing. You'd be much better off installing dolphin and trying out netplay - believe me, I have a pretty ****ty computer that runs most other 60fps games at ~15fps, but I can get Melee and PM to run 4 ICs on FoD with 60fps with the right settings.

SmashLadder netplay setup tutorial
My dolphin settings
My battery performance settings (it'll vary with every computer obv, but it'll give an idea of where to look)

Ander

Smash Cadet
Uhm, thanks! The only problem is that I have a Mac. Things would be a lot better and easier if I had Windows, but oh well.
Thanks again!

P.s.: Do I need the Wii sensor bar or I can do everything with the GC Controller?

Ander

Smash Cadet
Ok, useless question. It works perfectly, but sometimes lags a bit... Is there a way to always run it at 60fps? I have a late-2013 Mac, I think it should be able to handle it. Best settings?

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
go to the launcher folder in projectm, click addons. you will find a file called Wifi.7z(1). Replace everything in pf with wats in there.

Ander

Smash Cadet
go to the launcher folder in projectm, click addons. you will find a file called Wifi.7z(1). Replace everything in pf with wats in there.
Found nothing, actually... There's just the sd.raw file, which can't be opened. Or I followed a wrong course...?

Ander

Smash Cadet
I found alt files for the menu and codes and what not. Try them all.
I think this video should help you. It's what I did for mine, but I use Homebrew, try it even if you use hackless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZezVGh_cCkE

Edit: Make sure you make a new profile, I'm pretty sure your old friend code won't work and you'll get error code 60000.
I think I'm doing that wrong then. I'm using the SmashLadder setup, which has that sd.raw file... I assume it's like a virtual SD card with PM files already installed in (?)

I mean, I didn't have to unzip anything. Just used the files provided in SmashLadder, and I've seen no PM stuff at all.

Top Bottom