• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 ISO Builder Not Recognizing ISO File

ilysm

sleepy
A couple other people and myself have put this in the netplay troubleshooting forum but it has gotten no response and has been left there unanswered for a few weeks now. Obviously Y-L has a life outside of the boards (and is a saint for answering so many questions all the time) so I figured I'd spotlight it a little more and bring it to the attention of more knowledgeable people because it seems to be an at least sem-consistent problem. Whenever I use the .py builder to build a Project M 3.6 Netplay .iso out of my Brawl .iso, it gives me this error message:

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ssbb.d/files/fighter/captain/'

The only thing I know so far is that this means the builder isn't recognizing the Brawl .iso file in the directory. The .iso is definitely in the folder it's supposed to be in, and is renamed per the README instructions, but for some reason the builder isn't picking up on it. I know that the Brawl .iso file is valid and uncorrupted because I've used it with Dolphin to play Brawl in the past without any issues whatsoever. Internet searches turn up nothing, except three other people who have the same exact problem: Mac users trying to run the builder in the same way and getting the same error message. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or knows a solution?

Thanks! ^_^

ilysm

sleepy
UPDATE: The only info I can find on it is that it's a problem with the .py builder specifically. So the Python builder seems to be a bit broken. Is there an updated version that does not have this issue? Anyone?

Top Bottom