• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Frame Data?

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
Is Diddy's 3.6 frame data floating around somewhere? I couldn't find it, also wondering how much of the cranky kong thread is still accurate. I am mostly looking for KBG of Diddy's aerials and smashes.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Is Diddy's 3.6 frame data floating around somewhere? I couldn't find it, also wondering how much of the cranky kong thread is still accurate. I am mostly looking for KBG of Diddy's aerials and smashes.
theres no updated frame data thread since 3.02 but not much changed. Sadly I can't find the 3.5 changlog for exact numbers lol. 3.02>3.6 changes are pretty much:
Fair is weaker, slightly more endlag so we can sh fair wl.
Dair hitbox is smaller.
Nair hitboxes are bigger, strong nair less knockback for better combos, weak nair less knockback and more forward angle for better combos.
Ftilt was reworked hitbox wise so it covers the arms better and each hand as a hitbox instead of just one circle (technically a nerf, smaller hitboxes)
Uptilt launch angle got changed, from like 95 to 80 (behind him).
more endlag on side-b up-b landing.
side-b grab>attack launch angle more inward (so if they hold away they pop right up, think mirrored ZSS side-b on a smaller scale)
Fsmash works better, you cant SDI down+shield with just ASDI, you need to be doing it well or ASDIing into diddy so you fall out.
up-b launch hitboxes are worse in size and knockback.

Heres a knockback spread sheet for the knockbacks of the smashes and fair/upair/bair, diddy is on here. shoutouts to @Boiko

Diddy's raw kill potential is pretty **** compared to what you're probably used to as ROB, but corner carry+reliable smash setups from tripping make up for it. Shoutouts to ZSS down-b divekick having more knockback and growth than our fsmash, and samus Living Dsmash with no DI at 140% at the ledge on stadium and being able to still up-b onto stage

Saw you were picking up diddy, Still playing rob? Diddy/Rob has a crazy af MU spread

Last edited:

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the response, ya I'm thinking I'll end up doing ROB/Diddy, I have been working on Diddy for a couple weeks now and really having fun with him. What would you say DIddy's worst matchups are? In my opinion ROB's worst matchups are Sonic, ZSS, Shiek, G&W, and Falcon.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Samus is his worst MU. Impossible to kill. she never dies upright (upsmash and nair kill at like 150 on stadium) most of his good edgeguards rely on forcing people to use their resources early with peanuts/throwing bananas vertically to cover a slide just past the ledge, samus can out stall most of this while keeping her jump with bomb stalling. Neutral can be rough, we have tons of means to deal with missiles but getting in is hard and we don't get lot per hit (like 20-30% per winning exhange, and she dies at 150+ consistently in this MU), while we take 70~% or die to a charge shot for a mistake. Its rough. Junebug switches to ganon now after trying 2 sets vs plup at smash and splash. Other floaties can be hard because killing them is rough, but we control neutral vs all of them sept zelda, who we can just time out if it comes to that.

Fox is slight disadvantage because he can stop us from pulling bananas and running shine ****s us up, shine still kills us at zero by the ledge. nothing too bad, we can reaction tech chase him and chain grab him to death from zero (dthrow to 40ish, then upthrow chaingrabs) and we can actually kill him. I find wolf to be hard for similar reasons, we can kill wolf really easily though so its probably even enough to not worry about. Rising nair from ledge ****s wolf's recovery.

I'm convinced we lose to yoshi because we have no throw followups on him at any %. Camping him only does so much when we die from one combo and can't kill him without stray hit>cliping his double jump.
Sonic is a pain but thats just the character, its not too bad.

IMO, diddy's losing MUs or just hard MUs are (in rough order):
Samus (Only MU I think that is worse than 60/40)
M2 (similar reasons to samus, plus his item counter-play ceiling is the best in the game. M2 with a banana in hand is IMO the best character in PM)
Fox
Wolf
Yoshi
Snake
Peach

Hard MUs where its probably even or we win, just a pain:
Zelda
Luigi
Wario
Sonic
ness (**** guaranteed dthrow chaingrabs to 80%)
Zard
GnW (gotta lame him out)

Other than that we go even or beat everyone.
I think Diddy's most important winning MUs he has for him are:
Falco (throw bananas to punish laser rhythms, do the junebug edge guard to cover all options and he dies at any%. check the video analysis by june of aero vs Rscizzle)
Falcon (venom disagrees but I think diddy wins super hard)
Lucario
All of fire emblem (having a banana in hand dwarfs the range control that marth/roy have. whiff punish DD dtilts with a glide toss, at worst you get them to shield and shield advantage. Ike gets bodied in neutral because he has to comit to something eventually then you blow him up. Plus they are the perfect combo weight. one grab is like 50%, you only need to win 2 on stage interactions and get the edge guard to take a stock.)
ROB (I think diddy has the edge since the weight/fall speed changes to rob, but its mostly theory smash because we don't have any super good ROBs in AZ [ Or any actually good Diddys lmao]. something something diddy has to commit less, some thing something wins neutral, combos rob super hard, etc)

Sneez

Smash Apprentice
Sick thx for the info. I kinda think diddy is favored vs wolf though, peanuts clank with lasers and diddy seems really good at comboing and edgeguarding wolf and is a small target for the wolf side-b. Anyways I saw your set with Jocamo oh man that was rough lol. Seems like you kept running into the problem of "I'm ahead and he's almost dead, I'm just gonna spam moves and hope I hit him and win" on last stock. Obviously it is super important to take a second and be like "ok I got this, I gotta play solid and smart and not rush anything". Rough cuz it seemed like you were clearly the better player.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I played like ass in that set, so on tilt. Been struggling with keeping a clear head going into sets, I'm taking a break because of it.

Top Bottom