• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 to 3.6 upgrade (on PAL Wii)

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
I have been playing 3.5 using the homebrew USB loader set up and just tried to update to 3.6. I found the instructions a little vague as I didn't know what deleting the previous version of PM entailed. I deleted everything but the "wad" folder as there was no new wad folder in the 3.6 zip but I'm unable to boot PM, it just flashes the menu icons and goes back to the main menu. I also wasn't sure about deleting the custom stages off the Wii, how exactly do you access that?!

I don't have a memory card in the Wii or anything. I assume I deleted some of the wrong folders or something? any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

LIVERPOOP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MartinSkrtel37
3DS FC
0130-1906-5039
OK I decided to do the logical thing and try to work my way through it, wasn't that bad, I'll post the fix in case other PAL users are wondering how to update:

Simply follow step 10 and 11 of the holy Project M for PAL Wii guide ( http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-on-a-pal-wii-updated.356936/ ) - but obviously use your new downloaded Homebrew zip. You still use the other old files in step 11.

I don't think we need to worry about the custom stages part and what have you because of our different set up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom