• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Sheik v Cpt Falcon?

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
What should a Sheik be doing to win this matchup? I had trouble with it this weekend at a tournament.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
Forward Tilt and Needles

Forward tilt will stuff almost all of his approaches, and will juggle him regardless of percent if he gets intercepted while jumping.

Land-cancelled needles, grounded needles, needling his up and side bs when recovering and using it to force an air dodge while positioning yourself for an f-tilt covers just about all of his recovery options safely.

He can combo you, but you can combo and gimp him pretty effortlessly. I can give you a few other tips but it's more application/situation specific, but that's basically it.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Thanks for the response. /r/SSBPM also recommended f-tilts and needles, so I'll be using those. I looked up some matches of M2K v Falcon in Melee, as suggested by reddit, and that looks helpful. I think my main problem is that I like to get in the action quickly, but reddit told me that in this matchup, sitting back and using needles and waiting for them to approach is the better option. Guess I'll have to learn to be more patient!

Top Bottom