• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 on USB Loader has excessive load times + wifi help?

Finnhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meduka666
3DS FC
3067-6904-0212
I have a physical copy of Brawl that frequently crashes whenever I load certain characters and stages (probably due to disk scratches or the Wii itself idk) so I prefer to run PM via a USB loader. However when I do run a built wbfs for it the loading times are cripplingly slow, which makes menu navigation a chore and All-Star Vs. and Shiek/Zelda transformation lag a lot more than it should; especially if I'm also looking to get the game playable on wifi.

Is there an effective way I can get the Wifi-Safe build of PM running on my USB Loader without load times being a problem?

redxslash

Smash Cadet
I run my project m 3.5 through cfg usb loader and I have no loading time problems. I did experience this before as well as freezing, but it turned out I had to reformat my sd card and everything worked perfectly after that. Try to reformat your sd card and see if that helps. If your other games on the usb loader run fine, it can't be the hard drive or the wii, so it must be the sd card.

As for the wifi-safe build of pm, I don't know. I only use the homebrew version and you should as well if you're running it through a usb loader.

Also for extra info, make sure ocarina/cheats is turned on and that you set the hook type to either "vbi" or "animenextframe". Experiment with those.

Finnhat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meduka666
3DS FC
3067-6904-0212
I tried reformatting my SD and nothing changed, and loading with Ocarina on, VBI, or AXNextframs for some reason gave me a CSS/SSS similar to vBrawl's layout and crahsed whenever i loaded a stage for some reason.
Would I have to switch to cfg usb loader from usbloader gx which i currently have? I'm hoping I dont have to add/change any WAD installation for that.

redxslash

Smash Cadet
I don't know about usbloader gx since I mainly only use wiiflow and cfg usb loaders. But if your trying to add/change to cfg usb loader, you would just need to download the app and put it on your usb/sd card. I don't think you need to add/change any wads, since if your backups work with usbloader gx, then they should work with the other usb loaders.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
I play PM3.5 WIFI-SAFE on USBloader GX flawlessly since august 2014
You can go throught ISO Builder look at the topic link in my signature
or find on the internet any topic on how to build a PM-WIFI Safe iso at the end you will not need any ocarina cado or hooktype.
At the moment i am not goig throught the iso anymore ; i 've just copy the pm file in my sd card , activate the proper ocarina code and set my video mode to disc mode (to display in NTSC video mode) and every thing still works fine.

Top Bottom