• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 balance predictions?

GabPR

Smash Lord
With a 3.5 launch date probably announcement around the corner, there is no doubt in my mind Sonic might receive a nerf in the upcoming patch. What changes do you guys think will happen to our favorite hedgehog?

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I've given it extra thought and I think I can guess a large amount of things. I suspect nerfs will be more fast and loose this time around than initially suspected. More or a trial mode for Sonic, and flesh out the bare-bones of his toolset.

- Weaker/reduced hitbox uair tipper
- Inability to act out of Up-B for longer(end of animation?)
- Stronger fair meteor
- Slower DownB
- Fixed air mechanics on side-B
- HA used once only/goes into freefall on miss

Honestly I think they'll go for worst-case-scenario on a lot of Sonic's tools, because if we can show them we can still do work with the hedgie after some more flagrant nerfs, then they can bring him back a little or leave him as is - he is still seen as overpowered by a vast majority of players who are simply unwilling to learn the matchup.

I'd like to see some sort of improvement to USmash, and if I'm not mistaken Dair L-Cancelling looks much faster in the trailer than in 3.0?

Top Bottom