• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/11/07 iAWESOME FOX DITTO!

Ghettoman

Smash Apprentice
very good foxes. i didn't see very much wrong really. But i never saw either fox try to recover by using the up- B to grab the ledge perfectly. You know what i mean diagnally downwards to ledgegrab. Thats bout it.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
sometimes u used shine when not needed but at other times u used it well. still for other fox dittos i see, u use shine much less, which is better. u guys kinda play like my fox. good match to watch

Brookman

Smash Hero
If you just run back and forth into a grab four or five times a stock either of you will be the best fox dittoers ever.

JFox

Smash Hero
lol i swear if i were able to put up a friendly- KDJ vs M2k and say it was me and my friend, people would still manage to rip it apart. no one plays perfect at every moment, especially during a fast paced match like fox dittos. saying they missed a few shffl's isnt the best advice....

I thought you guys were great, especially you 6th sense. You had great control over your fox, and had some really cool technique. i would recommend employing more waveshines to jabs on fox, rather than always SH'ing out of your shine.

I like that you took advantage of the lack of wall to ride of Poke, and used the upsmash knowing he would have to go right into it. I'm going to start doing that more often on stadium and battlefield.

I do think you guys need to be a little more grabby. Fox's grab ***** fox and falco. (as well as half the smash cast) I could tell that you were the better smasher, but if your opponent started abusing grabs, I'm sure he would have gotten the best of you. It's simply because fox's grab game against himself is so broken.

So yeah, like brookman said, using more dash dance to grabs will really enhance your game.

there are some pretty pointless dash attacks, ones that really dont lead to more damage when they connect. if you are gonna dash attack in a fox ditto, do it at high percent so that when it hits, it set up for a move that will end the stock. risking a dash attack directly to the front of their shield for a mere 7% is definitely not worth the risk of getting grab utilted/upsmashed/uaired/bair.

you guys are choosing some poor forms of recovery. i noticed you could punish each others recovery pretty easily because the recovery type was too predictable, and definitely too easy to punish. unless you know you are safe, never go for a forward B onto the stage. onto the ledge is more permissable, although i noticed wreckless got punished once for it. what was really missing was the Up B above the stage to ledge grab. if there were any(which i dont recall seeing) there certainly werent enough. going into the Up B is often your best option in fox dittos. much more difficult to punish, and less predictable because you have so many options while in your up starting animation.

overall, you guys are a very solid couple of foxes. keep it up.

6th Sense

Smash Lord
lol i swear if i were able to put up a friendly- KDJ vs M2k and say it was me and my friend, people would still manage to rip it apart. no one plays perfect at every moment, especially during a fast paced match like fox dittos. saying they missed a few shffl's isnt the best advice....

I thought you guys were great, especially you 6th sense. You had great control over your fox, and had some really cool technique. i would recommend employing more waveshines to jabs on fox, rather than always SH'ing out of your shine.

I like that you took advantage of the lack of wall to ride of Poke, and used the upsmash knowing he would have to go right into it. I'm going to start doing that more often on stadium and battlefield.

I do think you guys need to be a little more grabby. Fox's grab ***** fox and falco. (as well as half the smash cast) I could tell that you were the better smasher, but if your opponent started abusing grabs, I'm sure he would have gotten the best of you. It's simply because fox's grab game against himself is so broken.

So yeah, like brookman said, using more dash dance to grabs will really enhance your game.

there are some pretty pointless dash attacks, ones that really dont lead to more damage when they connect. if you are gonna dash attack in a fox ditto, do it at high percent so that when it hits, it set up for a move that will end the stock. risking a dash attack directly to the front of their shield for a mere 7% is definitely not worth the risk of getting grab utilted/upsmashed/uaired/bair.

you guys are choosing some poor forms of recovery. i noticed you could punish each others recovery pretty easily because the recovery type was too predictable, and definitely too easy to punish. unless you know you are safe, never go for a forward B onto the stage. onto the ledge is more permissable, although i noticed wreckless got punished once for it. what was really missing was the Up B above the stage to ledge grab. if there were any(which i dont recall seeing) there certainly werent enough. going into the Up B is often your best option in fox dittos. much more difficult to punish, and less predictable because you have so many options while in your up starting animation.

overall, you guys are a very solid couple of foxes. keep it up.
great observations & insight!!

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Dittos are fun, but not Fox dittos. A really good fox player can lose to a fox player that chaingrabs and shinespike gimp well. Mario dittos are the best imo, since they pretty much have nothing "cheap", but Fox dittos are a different story. Boom, backthrow to shinespike 4 times. What? Slightly over one minute and the match is over? Yeah, full of crap.

Lit

Smash Ace
hmmm i just started my fox a week ago.. give me two more and ill be able to beat u.... i hope

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
Man I hope I can get that good someday. JFox's assessment is really good and well thought out. I tend to forget about grabbing too much with my own fox as well and I overuse the dash attack. Looks good though. I'm sure both of you can hold you own against anyone.

JFox

Smash Hero
Dittos are fun, but not Fox dittos. A really good fox player can lose to a fox player that chaingrabs and shinespike gimp well. Mario dittos are the best imo, since they pretty much have nothing "cheap", but Fox dittos are a different story. Boom, backthrow to shinespike 4 times. What? Slightly over one minute and the match is over? Yeah, full of crap.
Here's the solution- Play a stage with platforms. The worst you will get is a upthrow upsmash, which is no gayer than foxes other throw combos against the rest of the cast.

The thing I dont undertand is why Fox vs Falco isn't gay if Fox can still CG falco just as hard.

And if you are still getting backthrown to shine spiked, thats pretty sad. You should learn how to avoid getting shinespiked better. Unless the opponent is really good at shinespiking you through your forward/up B, its really just a battle of mindgames. And Fox f*cks up even worse with the shine, but again no one complains. (and lets not even speak of how easy it is to shinespike Falcon/Ganon)

There's a lot of gay **** to this game. I personally think Fox dittos are on the lesser side of the gay scale.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
There's a lot of gay **** to this game. I personally think Fox dittos are on the lesser side of the gay scale.
lol, the only ditto gayer then a Fox ditto is a Jigglypuff ditto

Brookman

Smash Hero
Marth ditto matches are ********. Thus, I conclude that all top tier dittoes are gay. Jiggly ditto matches are just tedious, and stupid.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Space animal dittos are the only dittos I enjoy lol.

It was a good match, there were a few combos i really enjoyed, both of you need to work on tech skill, recovering techniques, and edgeguarding a little and you'll be amazing.

Top Bottom