• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.0 Flamechoke question

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Is aerial flamechoke > Utilt Comboable on every character, or do some characters' hitboxes fly out of it/Tech out faster than others? Its amazing for punishing, and I attempt it quite a lot with about an 80% success rate. Was just wondering if there's some data on this yet.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I dont have any data but I have a high success rate with it as well, I feel at low % fast fallers avoid it easy but it gets them at higher %. floaties seem only to get hit with it at very low % but avoid it easily at mid-high %. Everyone else is fair game except at high %.

If the enemy techs the Aerial FC but doesn't roll with it, its a 99% guaranteed hit with U-tilt. I really love this new U-tilt cant wait to see what other changes/upgrades the PMBR has in store for Ganon in the future.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
I dont have any data but I have a high success rate with it as well, I feel at low % fast fallers avoid it easy but it gets them at higher %. floaties seem only to get hit with it at very low % but avoid it easily at mid-high %. Everyone else is fair game except at high %.

If the enemy techs the Aerial FC but doesn't roll with it, its a 99% guaranteed hit with U-tilt. I really love this new U-tilt cant wait to see what other changes/upgrades the PMBR has in store for Ganon in the future.
yeah this makes sense, ive found for best chance at a kill, the sweet spot is like 65-75% seemingly regardless of the character.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
aerial flamechoke's bounce is entirely dependent on fall speed (and di). damage has no affect on it. someone had a list on the old smashmods website with what you could do to each character out of the bounce, but i don't know the link and it might be a little outdated (don't know if there were any small changes to stuff along the way).

the basic gist is: fast fallers have nothing guaranteed except a tech chase setup. jigglypuff can be jabbed, grabbed, even uaired. everyone else falls somewhere in between.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
aerial flamechoke's bounce is entirely dependent on fall speed (and di). damage has no affect on it. someone had a list on the old smashmods website with what you could do to each character out of the bounce, but i don't know the link and it might be a little outdated (don't know if there were any small changes to stuff along the way).

the basic gist is: fast fallers have nothing guaranteed except a tech chase setup. jigglypuff can be jabbed, grabbed, even uaired. everyone else falls somewhere in between.
i was actually looking at that thread yesterday, its just a tiny bit out dated. and contrary to this threads name, i was mostly wondering about the reliability of aerial Flamechoke > Utilt combo post 2.5 (i think... cant remember which patch updated his Utilt)

and the reason why i think % matters is ive found at higher percents the overhead windup of ganons leg for his Utilt actually launches most characters out of the STOMPS hitbox.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
The best follow-up out of aerial flame choke on fast-fallers imo is to read the roll with wiz kick. If they don't tech it, which they won't at first, they will get mashed by the kick. When they start teching, just wait to see what direction they go in. If they tech behind, you can turn around to get them. If they tech away, then you can read their next move and react accordingly. Shield=another flame choke, Attack=ftilt, etc.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i was actually looking at that thread yesterday, its just a tiny bit out dated. and contrary to this threads name, i was mostly wondering about the reliability of aerial Flamechoke > Utilt combo post 2.5 (i think... cant remember which patch updated his Utilt)

and the reason why i think % matters is ive found at higher percents the overhead windup of ganons leg for his Utilt actually launches most characters out of the STOMPS hitbox.
ah, i see. i think i misread your statement/question, then. i assumed you meant what percent the slam jam combo'd into utilt (which is any percent on any character it can happen to);

when you meant: at what percents can the first hit of utilt combo into the good hit of utilt, out of the slam jam?

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
i had a dream where i tilted the joystick when ganon connects with a flame choke and he does a throw.
omigoshthatwouldbethebestthingever
OK Rainbow Dash, lol. I love FC so much though, he's like Zangief on knockdown. In fact I get in trouble using it too much and taking a hitbox to the face, but I'm working on my spacing game.

leelue

Smash Lord
The best follow-up out of aerial flame choke on fast-fallers imo is to read the roll with wiz kick. If they don't tech it, which they won't at first, they will get mashed by the kick. When they start teching, just wait to see what direction they go in. If they tech behind, you can turn around to get them. If they tech away, then you can read their next move and react accordingly. Shield=another flame choke, Attack=ftilt, etc.
I want to play opponents who don't know how to tech moves the first time...

Top Bottom