• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 Synergy

benprofane

Smash Rookie
One of my training partners and I have been playing team battles pretty heavily as of late. We were really struggling until we struck upon the magic that is ZSS and D3. Her speed, grabs, and stunning projectiles all help set up great traps that D3 can either waddle in and punish or detonate with a well-timed Gordo.

Any other D3 mains play teams very much, and if so have you found any matchups with good chemistry?

Last edited:

Jibbablabba

Smash Rookie
NNID
VGFanatic20
me and my friend usually do random when we team battle, but when we go Big Boy mode we usually pick D3 and Toon Link. TL is able to just play the range game while D3 can go in and grab them when they shield.

ItsShanks

Smash Rookie
Ironically, I also have had success with D3 + ZSS. Pretty nasty in the way the stun from ZSS works with D3 smash power. I feel any fast or projectile based character will work well with D3, as opposed to another heavier character.

Icarus Nocturne

Smash Rookie
NNID
IcarusNocturne
3DS FC
2363-5661-9383
My bro and I usually go with a Villager/Dedede combo and normally it works out great.
He racks up damage with the sling shot and I end it all with an unsuspected dash attack, a nice gordo toss, or a u-air.

I tend to switch up my tactics abit by swallowing the villager and using him to attack our opponents. It works more than you think it would.

Top Bottom