• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 info needed

pomx7

Smash Rookie
My friend and i are going to 2v2 two other guys. my friend uses marth and i use falco. Our opponents are both going to use falcos. I want to know are we at an advantage or at a disadvantage and how should we approach this 2v2?

Sensai

Smash Master
I assume this is with standard rules. FF is on, no items, etc.

Your team should have the advantage, I think, due solely to the fact that you have a Marth.

I'm not sure what help I can give you, though...sorry, haha.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
You have the advantage if you're better than they are.
They have the advantage if friendly fire is off.

More seriously though, I'm no master of doubles, but I'll give a go at breaking down the match somewhat. The big problem with dual falco teams seems to be that they tend to trip each other up -- SHL needs some degree of space, which is of course more limited in a 2v2. So either they don't approach much with SHL or they run the risk of stepping on eachother's feet and eating a tipper in the confusion (note -- I'm speaking generally; if they're really good they may have worked on ways around this)

So you have to take advantage of this. Pick smallish stages, work on leading the falcos into each other with your partner. Also note that falcos tend to rely on medium-long combos that your partner can disrupt, while marth is capable of pulling KOs out of the blue. Take advantage of this too. It seems to me that it is in team falco's best interest to turn the match into two simultaneous 1v1s assuming you let them do so. Do not let them. If you make them fight in tight quarters, you take away both their approach and their combos.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
very well said, but i will add ditto falcos are terrible...if you have a marth and a falco and you guys are of relative skill there is no reason you should lose

pomx7

Smash Rookie
I think we should win. My friend and i have been practicing with FF on and i know that they havn't. I know for sure one of them is going to use falco and c-stick the whole time so im hoping
he KOs his teammate. But skill level over all We are all pretty close. We all go back and forth with each other.

Top Bottom