• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2v2 Discussion

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have literally seen no talk about this, so I thought it would be cool to make a topic.

So how much are people interested in 2v2 in this game? I think I am much more interested in it here than I have been for previous iterations, due to the roster being more diverse than ever.

Also, from your time watching footage or your play time with the game, do you think there are any teams that are looking very good?

As someone who will more than likely be using Rosalina & Luma a lot, I'm really interested in seeing how she co-oridnates with Pikachu, since she can catch his Down B with Gravitational Pull and make it spin around her like crazy. Rosalina & Luma will probably be really interesting in 2v2 across the board, since it gives you a 3rd team mate in Luma.

I'm also really looking forward to seeing how Bowser and Little Mac do together. They're both powerhouses, but one is on the slower side in both movement and the lag on some moves, and one can't do much in the air and is a bit light. However, if Little Mac covers the low ground and Bowser covers the high ground as well as the air, these two could have really dominant control over the stages.

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Would Rosalina vs Rosalina vs Rosalina vs Rosalina blow up a DS?

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
Ness/Game and Watch plus Mega Man equals absorb heals ALL DAY.
That can't end too badly, other than that Mega Man isn't that great.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ness/Game and Watch plus Mega Man equals absorb heals ALL DAY.
That can't end too badly, other than that Mega Man isn't that great.
I think the jury is still out on Mega Man. I've been enjoying him and doing well with him.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I'm excited for teams with 2 Villagers because of being able to pocket your own teammates attacks. However, I'll probably wait to do that in the Wii U version because 2v2 might be laggy on 3DS over local/ online multiplayer

Tigerclawhg

Smash Rookie
NNID
tigerclawhg
Since it's a DS it shouldn't even be running Smash 4.
But honestly, it wouldn't because Luma doesn't have the type of AI that the Ice Climbers had. That's why Rosaluma works but not the ICs if I recall correctly.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Pocket bowling balls are 2strong.

I love doubles and I'm definitely looking forward to it in this game. I'm hoping my boy Dedede will be putting in work in teams. Off stage team shenanigans will be fun in this iteration.

Minty_

Smash Apprentice
How effective is Mr. G&W's bucket this time as a kill move? Has it been nerfed? Buffed? What is the doubles potential of the custom down B options for him. Does it still work well with Z-Samus's down smash?

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Villager/Villager and Villager/Fully Charged Shot Megaman is gonna be INSANITY.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I would love to play 2v2 battles with you @ ChikoLad ChikoLad , you can be Megamanand I will be Mario, what a great third party matchup!
You missed the "3", I don't know, I also noticed CPU's AI goes weird in the Ballon fight stage, I use four level 9 cpus and battle on the stage, and after fighting for a while, all character suddenly stop attacking for 30 seconds, I was going to reset the game until they finally starts moving.
And go try to do a taunt when zoom in on Kirby in Pacman maze in training mode, you can see both Jigglypuff and Kirby's center disappeared, when you do his Hi taunt, he whole face suddenly just gone, as if kirby is sliced in half.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I'm excited for teams with 2 Villagers because of being able to pocket your own teammates attacks. However, I'll probably wait to do that in the Wii U version because 2v2 might be laggy on 3DS over local/ online multiplayer
Or even :4villager: + :4kirby:. Kirby copies Villager's Pocket and absorbs the tree for later use. Plus, you then have two different characters that cover a variety of hazards.

D

Deleted member

4 players works fine over local, I've played 4 players on the demo a lot, online will probably be rough.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Little Mac/Zamus. Stun and smash. Speaks for itself.
Little Mac/Jiggs: Jigss rules the air, Mac the stage.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
:4littlemac:/:4pacman: Could be good because Pacman can let Little Mac use his trampoline to recover.

:4robinm:/:4ness: can heal infinitely so that could be useful in the right hands.

:4zss:/:4jigglypuff: because stun to rest

Top Bottom