• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

27? :-(

SensFan

Smash Cadet
At 27 topics, the Pika forums is one of the most neglected of any of the character forums. We're barely ahead of those mouth-breathing Ness users!

Are there just too few loyal Pika players who are doubtlessly pressing on with the yellow rat in Brawl? Why is there so little interest in the guy?

Ryuartyi

Smash Rookie
I have no idea why, we [the Pikachu supporters] are like the ******* child of the community. No one wants to acknowledge our existence, but they know we're there, ready to strike.

Other than that I think people think there isn't much to talk about (Or we just don't have as many spam topics).

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I think it's because pikachu is an older character who was not spectacular in Melee. People just lost interest. I for one mained Marth for a long time until one day I stumbled upon Pika and had a ton of fun! I kept playing him despite my friends constantly reminding me of his low tier and encouraging me to switch back to Marth.

In the end they now agree that I am better with Pika than I ever was with Marth and seem to have regained some respect for the little guy. Pika seems beefed up in Brawl and I'm sure his popularity will grow when people begin to see his potential.

Pika mains unite!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Pikachu is a pretty underrated character nowadays. There doesn't seem to be too much interest in him, which is sad, since I main the little rat ;_;

He's had plenty of buffs, so I'm sure he'll go up in popularity once brawl is out for a while.

Rakath

Smash Ace
I wonder if between stealing Peach's DSmash and his new "Gadouken" glitch, and the fact that he's part of why stages with walls are bein' banned he'll see more tourney shots. That and his buffed Thunder...

Not that it matters to me, I main the rodent since I've always mained him, and Tourney ain't my scene... I just wanna see a tourney smoked by the shock rodent once in a while...

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
I was a Marth purist in Melee, but the more I've been playing Pikachu, the more I like her. Overtime, I think people will begin seeing the advantages of her, it'll just take time.

Brawl ON

Smash Rookie
I was a Marth purist in Melee, but the more I've been playing Pikachu, the more I like her. Overtime, I think people will begin seeing the advantages of her, it'll just take time.
Yeah, about that..

I would just stick with IT.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I lost interest with Pika in Melee. That side b just pissed me off. He played much better in 64. How is he looking for brawl?

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
You're wrong... they WILL understand the "awesome power that is Pikachu" because we'll show them :)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I really don't mind using him, I just have too many mains as it is. He didn't make the cut :p

But, he was a main on 64, definitely.

Just kick out the other Pokemon rep's and he would totally be up there.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
We're barely ahead of those mouth-breathing Ness users!
Honestly, now. Was that necessary? I don't even plan on using Ness much and I feel offended.

Regarding the topic at hand, what exactly do you propose to do about the lack of threads? Other than getting buffed, nothing has happened to Pikachu. Want 16 more threads on how he stole Peach's down smash?

I'm sorry. I just see something off about making a thread *****ing about how there are no threads. Instead of making THIS thread, you could make a thread worthy of discussion, aiding the very problem you're complaining about. If you can't think of a topic good enough for it's own thread, why expect anyone else to?

kitsuneboy_geoff

Smash Apprentice
Yeah! Pika support thread!

...and I kinda thought the Ness thing was funny, rather that offencive. -.-'

XtremeCJ

Smash Apprentice
I lost interest with Pika in Melee.
It feels like he got nerved terribly, right? It felt much more effective in 64 than in Melée. But I still liked playing with it, cuz it's just imba if you can control it ^^.
I hope it gets some better sounds in Brawl than in Melée. And some cooler outfits. That green hat in Melée was so stupid stupid..
btw too bad Pichu isn't in anymore "^^ it was funny too, although it hurt itself too often. But it was pretty cool when you let a computer player play as Pichu lvl9.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Okay, first of all... The above comic made me lol. XD It's so true if you don't control it right...

Also... I'm guessing it's because the game's not out here yet. n.n All the discussion's going to the more popular characters that the few people who have the game now like to play, along with the general discussion of techniques. *nods some* So... Once the game is out, all us 'Chus'll have something to talk about, 'cause we'll have played him and see his skills!
Also, who's with me when I say "Pikachu Wall Jump FTW!!"
Seriously... Pichu having one and Pikachu not pissed me off in Melee. XD;

- Tyros

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
That was the idea! Some people like to argue over anything and everything just for the sake of it!
You don't have to like arguing for the sake of arguing in order find insults insulting. :ohwell:

It's obvious you were kidding when you called Ness fans mouth breathers, but that doesn't make what you said not an insult. And since I didn't think it was that funny, I just found it insulting. So that's why I responded the way I did.

SensFan

Smash Cadet
It's obvious you were kidding when you called Ness fans mouth breathers, but that doesn't make what you said not an insult.
Yes it does.

It was a joke. You know it. Now you're stirring up crap for the sake of it. It's not like I started a thread in the Ness forums calling them names or anything. This was simple Pikachu jingoism.

Get a grip.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Yes it does.

It was a joke. You know it. Now you're stirring up crap for the sake of it. It's not like I started a thread in the Ness forums calling them names or anything. This was simple Pikachu jingoism.

Get a grip.
. . . How am I "stirring up crap for the sake of it"? :ohwell: The Ness thing wasn't even supposed to become any bigger than my first post. And my last post was just me explaining myself. It's not like I came in here just because I decided this thread needed to randomly get derailed (though I still think it serves no purpose).

I'm not trying to flame. I just felt that your joke was uncalled for. It has no relation to the thread, so why even say it? It's not funny enough to make up for how randomly insulting it is.

"Carrots are cool, why don't more people like them? By the way, people who like potatoes are ********, lulz."

It just doesn't make sense.

If you at least picked a character that had some kind of inside rivalry, then that would be different. For example, if Pichu was in, and you used him in place of Ness in your joke, then I wouldn't have said anything because that's very clearly just a playful nudge at an opposing "team", if you will. Mentioning Ness is just random since Ness and Pikachu have no history together whatsoever. So it appears more as if you're just saying "**** Ness fans".

Just trying to explain why my first post was kind of rude. I still mean what I said, but it's not like I said it in order to attack you personally. That comment just ruffled my feathers.

Anyway, like I said, it's not like I was trying to turn this into some big discussion. So whatever.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
...I really don't find it at all offensive. It was more of a jokeful jab than anything. He's saying Ness instead of [insert character here] because he happens to be one of the least popular characters here [judging by the amount of topics], like Pikachu.

The potato argument is invalid. He didn't call Ness fans ********. Not even close. I doubt he even meant any harm by it either.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
...I really don't find it at all offensive. It was more of a jokeful jab than anything.
That's fine, but I did. So I said as much. I can see that it wasn't worth bringing up in the first place.

He's saying Ness instead of [insert character here] because he happens to be one of the least popular characters here [judging by the amount of topics], like Pikachu.
That's probably true, but in that sense, Mr. Game and Watch actually would've been the perfect choice since he has 26 threads. But I'm sure SensFan didn't pick G&W for the joke because he's obviously a fan of him. To me, this implies that he knew on some level, the joke could be interpreted offensively, since he seemed to consciously choose to keep himself out of the group it referred to.

Actually putting "Game & Watch" in place of "Ness" would've been funnier since he's so clearly a fan. If he had done that, I definitely wouldn't have said anything.

The potato argument is invalid. He didn't call Ness fans ********. Not even close. I doubt he even meant any harm by it either.
"We're barely ahead of those mouth-breathing Ness users!"

If you're not familiar with the term "mouth breather", I would say try looking it up on Urban Dictionary or something. I think the analogy is actually pretty fitting.

I used the word "********" pretty loosely, by the way.

I really didn't care that much about the comment. I just saw it and it irked me, so I responded. Wasn't supposed to get much attention.

SensFan

Smash Cadet
What the hell is wrong with you? Just stop posting in my thread, okay?

Nothing irritates me more than someone who gets offended because somebody else might get offended.

Actually putting "Game & Watch" in place of "Ness" would've been funnier since he's so clearly a fan. If he had done that, I definitely wouldn't have said anything.
Or maybe I randomly picked the first character I saw that had fewer topics? Stop putting words in my mouth, please?

You're derailing my thread FOR NO REASON. Just STOP POSTING

SensFan

Smash Cadet
. . . How am I "stirring up crap for the sake of it"? :ohwell: The Ness thing wasn't even supposed to become any bigger than my first post. And my last post was just me explaining myself. It's not like I came in here just because I decided this thread needed to randomly get derailed (though I still think it serves no purpose).

I'm not trying to flame. I just felt that your joke was uncalled for. It has no relation to the thread, so why even say it? It's not funny enough to make up for how randomly insulting it is.

"Carrots are cool, why don't more people like them? By the way, people who like potatoes are ********, lulz."

It just doesn't make sense.

If you at least picked a character that had some kind of inside rivalry, then that would be different. For example, if Pichu was in, and you used him in place of Ness in your joke, then I wouldn't have said anything because that's very clearly just a playful nudge at an opposing "team", if you will. Mentioning Ness is just random since Ness and Pikachu have no history together whatsoever. So it appears more as if you're just saying "**** Ness fans".

Just trying to explain why my first post was kind of rude. I still mean what I said, but it's not like I said it in order to attack you personally. That comment just ruffled my feathers.

Anyway, like I said, it's not like I was trying to turn this into some big discussion. So whatever.
So basically you're telling me that attacking Ness is rude... but Pichu or GW wouldn't be.

Might as well stick with your veggie analogy:

"Don't say that. You can, however, call people who eat peas or corn ********. I have no objection toward that whatsoever. Nein."

Hmmm... well to me this implies that you have some deeply imbedded hatred toward people who eat peas and corn. I think a random shot at a random person for no reason implies a joke much more than a selected shot at a selected person for intentional reasons.

As for your GW assumptions. I just checked my Melee records, and he happens to be the least played character for me.

Your logic in trying to deface my joke is poor, and is starting to make you look more "insensitive" than anyone else. I don't know why you persist in this thread. You keep insisting that the comment didn't actually bother you, yet you keep responding in this thread.

You're clearly trying to cause an argument for the sake of it.

pikachu22

Smash Cadet
Why are you crying if your a Pika user!? Pika is my main and has been for many years now.Us pika will be a kinda unfamiliar fighter.Not to many people use him.And alot who do dont know how to really use him like a person who has mained him for years so im happy it makes my character unique lol. People will think about using him again after i beat there butt online haha!!!!!

krehz

Smash Ace
EGM agrees and actually states in one of their magazines that Pikachu is underestimated, but in reality is one of the best characters in brawl if not the best.......I guarantee you that there are more Pikachu fans out there than you realize........lol but most of tham are probably Japanese :p

Top Bottom