• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

24 Gametime Hours to Make Poketeam.

RedNBlueAllOver

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,
So I am new to competitive gaming, and my friends have created a league in Black/White. I have 24 game time hours to make a team then battle against friends. I would like some help as to what pokemon to focus on picking up in my short time. I have played through once, but as you will see there are some rules set forth so I can't trade awesome pokemon into my 24 hour game.

1) No Ubers. Ubers are a top tier of pokemon which are incredibly overpowered. Definitely not changing this rule.
2) No Duplicates. For example you can't have a team with more than one metapod.
3) No moves that increase evasion. This just prevents cheap tactics and drawing out the match. Trust me, it's necessary.
4) You CANNOT use a sleep inducing move if a member of your opponent's team is already asleep.
5) Teams must remain consistent through all the rounds. You will be allowed to exchange one member of your team between each tier of the tournament.
6) No One-Hit KO's. This includes: Guillotine, Horn Drill, Destiny Bond, Fissure and Sheer Cold
7) No Switch chains. For example you can't use baton pass over and over or use volt switch and then immediately use U-turn.
8) Trading Pokemon only allowed for evolving Pokemon.
9) Absolutely no disconnecting while in a match. The person who disconnects will get an automatic loss.

I do have a decent Pokemon knowledge, but when it comes to focusing on certain types of IVs and what not that is a problem, and I do not think I will have enough time to even focus on buffing a pokemon with this IV or that EV.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Chris

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Destiny Bond being banned is silly. As is no entry effects (Since, assuming you won't have time to breed, the only ones you'll be able to have are Garbodor's Toxic Spikes and Boldore's/Crustle's Stealth Rock, none of which are very good).

No Switch Chains is... understandable, but too much of a focus on one particular strategy (partially because you won't have access to many of the good Baton Passers or U-turners/Volt Switchers).

I'd recommend a level cap, as it's possible to focus on one particular Pokémon so that it can crush the opposing teams. Level 50 or 60 would be fairly reasonable, I think.

As far as Pokémon go, Jellicent, Ferrothorn (though without Leech Seed, Spikes, or Stealth Rock, it might not be that great), Haxorus, Krookodile, Sawk, Scrafty, Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Galvantula, Chandelure, and Mienshao are all good options. Hydreigon and Volcarona are, too, but their high level evolutions may make them unfeasible. Excadrill could be useful, too, if you choose to run a Sandstorm team and he's not banned.

I'm not much of a rusher, and I can't say how long it'll take you to complete the main game. However, I recommend Soft-resetting to get some of the Pokémon you want without increasing your gameplay time.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No switching chains and no entry hazards are stupid rules that emphasize the "I'm a noob and don't know how to play this game so I'll just ban everything I can't beat" mentality.

The only combination that really is stupid hard to break for switching is like Magic Mirror Espeon BP teams and Rotom-W/Scizor Volt Switch/U-Turn synergy, neither of which are possible to obtain within 24 hours of gametime.

For the team itself, see if you can squeeze in capturing Volcarona in that time. A level 70+ in a confined time is a huge advantage, and with a basically competitive moveset as soon as you capture it, there's no going wrong.

If you can spare the time as well, catch a Axew and get a Haxorus in your run through. Haxorus tears through **** easy.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You don't have enough rules, you should also ban Pokemon with names that are 6 letters long, that weight between 37 and 42 kg, and any moves that kill Pokemon.

Power-leveling a single Haxorus should be an easy win, make sure you have Dual Chop. Ice Shard is a non-issue, get a Ghost-type and a Ferrothorn to deal with priority users. Liepard learns Sucker Punch at level 55, could be useful. Get a Gigalith, Sawk, and / or Carracosta to abuse the ******** no entry hazards rule.

Wave-Guiding Hero

Smash Apprentice
Remember that Dream World is an option to obtain Pokemon you couldn't otherwise.

Otherwise, Haxorus is your friend.

RedNBlueAllOver

Smash Rookie
Destiny Bond being banned is silly. As is no entry effects (Since, assuming you won't have time to breed, the only ones you'll be able to have are Garbodor's Toxic Spikes and Boldore's/Crustle's Stealth Rock, none of which are very good).
The entry level ban has been removed. And he is not trying to ban stuff he can't beat, he just doesn't want people playing like douchebags and make the league less fun.

RedNBlueAllOver

Smash Rookie
I'm not much of a rusher, and I can't say how long it'll take you to complete the main game. However, I recommend Soft-resetting to get some of the Pokémon you want without increasing your gameplay time.
Oh, sorry to be responding in a few different posts but I am reading and responding as I go along. How would I soft reset?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Please do not multipost. Use Multiquote instead to keep all your stuff in 1 post.

Oh, sorry to be responding in a few different posts but I am reading and responding as I go along. How would I soft reset?
It's L+R+Start+Select takes the game to the title screen without saving. This lets you reset for Pokemon with good abilities/natures and not bring up game time.

How do I get to Dream World? I know, rookie question but I haven't truly played since last year.
After getting to a certain part of the game, you can connect to here:

http://en.pokemon-gl.com/

Basically you spend time online, and you can get mons. Doesn't add to game time, and if you plan right, you can get some pretty menacing **** out of this.

Top Bottom