• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20XX Hack Pack skips menu? <RESOLVED>

Hey guys, I'm new here so sorry in advance if this is in the wrong topic or something.
Whenever I launch the 20XX version of melee I have through Dolphin 5.0, the game just skips directly to the fighter select screen locked into tournament rules (4 stocks, etc.). I cannot exit this menu, change the rules, or anything else except select fighters and play. I was hoping to utilize the debug menu for whatever features it contains, but I can't. Oddly enough, the exact same issue also applies to Ishiiruka Dolphin 5.8.7 (current emulator for Anther's Ladder) for both vanilla and 20XX, and the game only actually starts up normally and lets me access all modes when I use vanilla melee on dolphin 5.0. Any help or advice would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

Pauer

The Pauerful
Try disabling the gecko codes when you want to use 20XX. For that, right click the ISO -> properties -> Gecko codes and untick everything. The gecko codes mess up 20XX because dolphin thinks 20XX and vanilla 1.02 melee are the same ROM as long as their "ID" is the same (GALE01).
You can edit the game ID using a hex editor if you want.

All the gecko codes are already unticked. However, it turns out I just needed to hold down the b button longer than I was doing, lol. The match settings are still uneditable and the game always launches at the fighter screen, but at least I can access all parts of the game now. How would I go about editing the ID? Also, what do you think that would accomplish?

Actually, never mind. I did some thinking and honestly, all I'm losing here is the ability to alter match settings but I don't mind too much anyways. Thanks for your help!

Top Bottom