• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20GX Beginner Video Possible Improvements

Captain JOHN

Smash Cadet
NNID
DatCarl
:falconmelee: Hey guys, another scrubby falcon main here. I read close to every post on the critique thread and many posts alluded to the 20GX Beginners' Help video. (link is here if you want it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAUVzXOct4o )
While Ghatzu and Gravy are arguably the best :falconmelee: players in the competitive scene currently, but the video is 1:17:12 long. I don't know about every one of you out there, but if I'm having specific trouble with one or two things in my game, I want to be able to find it. So, I believe that there should be a "tracklist" like in an OST video, where the subject is referred to by the minute and second at which the topic is talked about, such as using dding to your advantage, or using full hops instead of short hops or some sh*t like that. (If you aren't familiar with what im talking about, here is an OST video for you to look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9MaQIrWTo , read the description.) If you feel like going through the massive video, comment these times.
Thanks a ton,
-EJAC

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
I've tried to watch the same video. I got about 15 minutes in and then just skipped through it. It's also possible that they didn't cover what you are looking for in your video. I agree that the tracklist will be helpful, but unfortunately I'm not one to go through that whole video.

Feel free to ask for help with the issues you are having in another thread though. Good luck! :falconmelee:

Captain JOHN

Smash Cadet
NNID
DatCarl
I've tried to watch the same video. I got about 15 minutes in and then just skipped through it. It's also possible that they didn't cover what you are looking for in your video. I agree that the tracklist will be helpful, but unfortunately I'm not one to go through that whole video.

Feel free to ask for help with the issues you are having in another thread though. Good luck! :falconmelee:
Thanks for agreeing with me, maybe i should just do it myself lol

pareto_effecient

Smash Rookie
While Ghatzu and Gravy are arguably the best :falconmelee: players in the competitive scene currently
Im sorry, but what? Nothing against either of them they are super solid and definitely improving at an impressive rate, but neither is even the best player in 20gx(Wizzy) and S2J has still been outplacing them consistently. Aside from that it might be long, and you might only be looking for one specific piece but you are probably better off watching all of it and learning something you didnt know you needed to know. The videos so long because they really wanted to go into detail about important subjects. It could be beneficial to split it up, but then you may miss something that you need.

Top Bottom