• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2015 International Tournaments Interest Thread

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
The tournaments outside North America worth attending, in order of occurrence:

1) Kansai (March)
2) Dreamland-only Tacna (Tentative - probably april)
3) Kanto (August)

I'm going to do 1 Peru trip and 1 Japan trip next year. Since I think Tacna will be around March - May, I'm going to probably skip Kansai. Tacna sounds like a lot of fun, and apparently they have been training super hard on D.L. since boom left, so who knows what level they are at. I want to see if wario / megu / moyashi will go.

The Japanese have 2 major tournaments a year ( Jouske pretty much just attends those two )
They have made an effort the last 2 years to come to Apex, with 3 players each time.
What have we done in return? Isai went to the Kanto tournament last year which had its date set to coincide with his trip and didnt enter the tournament. I'm sure the Japanese were ecstatic about that. It's not like their society is based on respect for your hosts or anything.

I think the west should make it up to Japan and go to their Kanasi tournament. It has less entrants, but the level of competition is supposed to be stronger (and all the cool / good players live in the area anyways).

It occurs immediately after Apex. Flight cost is approximately
  • $1200 out of Boston
  • $1120 out of NYC
  • $1300 out of California
  • $1200 out of Texas

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
if its late august(which its often is) Im pretty much confirmed for this. Hype!

Shears

Smash Master
if its late august(which its often is) Im pretty much confirmed for this. Hype!
I think you're thinking of Kanto, which I think is different than this.

I'm considering this. I'd definitely like to go and have yet to visit Japan. My attendance would depend on a few thing, since my car was stolen with my passport inside not too long ago, I first need to get a new vehicle, a passport, and if my friends end up flaking (they probably will) on going to Brazil for new years then I wouldn't have much of an excuse to not go to this.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I think you're thinking of Kanto, which I think is different than this.

I'm considering this. I'd definitely like to go and have yet to visit Japan. My attendance would depend on a few thing, since my car was stolen with my passport inside not too long ago, I first need to get a new vehicle, a passport, and if my friends end up flaking (they probably will) on going to Brazil for new years then I wouldn't have much of an excuse to not go to this.
Oh thats right. I was thinking of kanto. When and where in Japan is Kansai?

Morin0

Smash Lord
Sorry, Karajanbro. Money johns. Otherwise, I'd go without a single bit of hesitation.

Last edited:

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Might have gone to this if I had known ahead of time(also Apux). Although, for Kanto I'm pretty sure I can make it if I don't I'll probably ditch apex 2016 for that years Kansai.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Are there any players that Japan would like to see attend those tournys or do they only care about Isai/boom? lol

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
probably peru,
its easier for peru to travel to japan than to USA because there is no visa requirement; its almost impossible for them to get a visa "for videogames" anyways

Top Bottom