• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I did not want to see this film, but my sister gave me a choice: 2012 or Twilight. It was a choice between two films that would compete to be the worst films of the year, I was sure, but at least 2012 would not threaten my masculinity.

Again, I tell you that I knew this film would be an abomination. I had seen and heard enough to know that it was wholly and entirely ludicrous. On all these fronts, I found my predictions to be substantiated. However, I was not prepared for how utterly and entertainingly terrible it would be. I'm not sure the creators intended me to laugh out loud as
John Cusack jumped a limousine over an enormous fissure in the earth
, but that was when I decided the film was truly golden.

I was hoping the laughs could be non-stop, but unfortunately, the movie was too disjointed--jumping between laughable action sequences and physically painful attempts at drama with very little to do with the central plot, and approximately no character development of consequence. Why bother with the sappy **** if you're not even going to do it right? Or at least do it wrong enough that it's as funny as the terrible action stuff.

I would rate this as my #1 Comedy of the year, if it didn't try in vain at several points to be a real movie. Nevertheless, I strongly recommend that you go see this film, if for no other reason than to give it a good old MST treatment. Trust me, this one deserves it.

If you've seen it, what did you think? Share with us.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Dude. Your quite aware coming into that movie that its not really a movie right? Its purely made as one long special effects show right? Even the trailer tells you that.
If you understand that coming in to watch it, you would've enjoyed it more

Rayku

Smash Lord
I actually agree with Laijin on something.

I want to go see 2012 for the effects. A storyline would be laughable no matter what in a movie like that.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Dude. Your quite aware coming into that movie that its not really a movie right? Its purely made as one long special effects show right? Even the trailer tells you that.
If you understand that coming in to watch it, you would've enjoyed it more
The effects were... well lets just say I watch too many movies, and special effects have stopped being interesting to me.

Seriously, though. This movie is comic gold.

Top Bottom