• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 quick things

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
1. Not sure if this is new but I found you can spike captain falcon if he does ledge getup attack with hard knuckle. That means a hard knuckle covers 3 options, ledge jump, ledge hop aerial, and getup attack. Not sure if it hits all get up attacks or what the timing is but I know it can happen. I'll post a video later.

2. I hit this on pika, not sure how many chars it works on and it might only be if they DI towards you. But I hit pika with down throw->utilt, i'm pretty sure pika was at 0 percent maybe had a little more than that. Might be better to do uthrow to a different move not sure on the percents.

Last edited:

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Huh, seems like they messed with the getup options in this last patch. You can spike the getup attack as cloud too.

xIvan321

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xIvan321
1. Not sure if this is new but I found you can spike captain falcon if he does ledge getup attack with hard knuckle. That means a hard knuckle covers 3 options, ledge jump, ledge hop aerial, and getup attack. Not sure if it hits all get up attacks or what the timing is but I know it can happen. I'll post a video later.

2. I hit this on pika, not sure how many chars it works on and it might only be if they DI towards you. But I hit pika with down throw->utilt, i'm pretty sure pika was at 0 percent maybe had a little more than that. Might be better to do uthrow to a different move not sure on the percents.
The first one is assuming they lost invincibility in the first place, meaning they cannot attest with an aerial, or get up attack. Those are two things that are not invincible. When it gets to 100% invulnerability on the ledge actually runs out faster making get up attacks just in general weaker options. If you can bait it out then I'd guess its really good. I could imagine people falling for the pick up the metal blade from the ledge trap, and if they aren't kleptomaniacs then I guess they will always roll. Oh and this doesn't only just work on Falcon.

And I'm very familiar with that combo... Ehh Charge Smash (up/forward) tends to be better at that percent. If you're up for it, try down throw to diagonal-up metal blade and regrab your opponent after a short second read. It can be effective despite it not being a true combo.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I added the Ledge spike video to the OP i'll put it here too

Top Bottom