• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1st Tourny Soon. Samus Masters Read please.

Zanmato145

Smash Rookie
Well hello everyone, i'm new to the smash boards. I've never ever thought of playing smash seriously, until a few months back when I finnaly got the game again after selling it a few years ago. I've been "King of the Neighborhood" or so people call it long enough. It's not satisfying enough. I'm ready to take that next step. I play a mean samus, and rarely lose to the people I play against.

I'm really needing advice on the things that usually end in my demise with samus. One thing that always gets me... Punishing people who get back on the ledge who DON't use ledgehops... For some reason I can punish Ledgehoppers easier then people who roll, jump, or attack back up. I know it's probably a noob mistake but please help on this.

Another thing I notice I don't use after watching video's, is the U-tilt A air attack with samus. And I also overuse the sex kick. I'm sure I know the basics with samus, and most of the advanced tech's with samus. I really want to be ready for this tournament, I know i probably won't place.

Sorry its 4am in the morning so sorry if my message is all messed up and everythings out of place. Is there a such thing as using too many missles with samus? I use them alot. I love the protection and pissing off people when I Double / Triple missle pillar on them.They call me cheap for that, but whats ya'lls opinion?

I also use alot of rush tactics with samus, I often tend to try and edge them off the corner and take control of the side to finish them off quickly, instead of pounding % into them. Another thing I abuse is crouch canceling, is there a such thing as using it too much? Its a nice opening for me to do the Smash D A attack.

Sorry for my ranting, but i'll be training with samus until the tourny hits, in about 2 weeks, i'd appreciate if people could give me help on what I ask.

SiD

Smash Master
Well as far as missiles go, you can't use too many. They call her Spamus for a reason. That's her biggest strength to rack up damage, to approach, or just for mind games. Don't worry about being called cheap, it won't matter at a tourney.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Against non-ledgehoppers, if they roll, you can turn around and do a Dsmash( so Samus' first hit is her front one), so they get sent flying right off the edge again. If they jump, do a Sex Kick.

The "U-tilt A air attack" is called a Uair. At lower percentages it can chain into Sex Kicks, and at higher percentages, after they get knocked away from you, you can shoot a missile when you get near the ground.

Yep, the reason they call her Spamus is because of her constant missile firing. Just watch out for people with reflectors.

Samus' crouch cancel is superb. After a CC, you can do a Dtilt which can lead to combos. Just DON'T CC against PEACH.

When taking control of the edge, watch out for Jigglypuff and Peach, as they need more edgeguarding skills than just that.

You can also check out my Samus missile guide(down at my sig).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

silversephiroth

Smash Rookie
you should check out aftermaths guide. that guy is a samus genius and he explains everything in detail. also check out his mission briefing video.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Don't CC if you realize a Fox is approaching you with SHFFL uairs, instead you wavedash back.

I've met a few Fox players that played a what I call "anti samus camping style" in which they basically got me to be more offensive (not necessarily a bad thing since I'm confident with both styles).

CC is good, but some situations it's bad and opting out for your shield/dodge is a better choice.

Zanmato145

Smash Rookie
Thanks for those tips guys :D I'm about to go outside right now and practice some things on my victi.... friends right now. I'll be back and tell ya'll what I need help on again. Thanks tons. This info REALLY is going to help me. And awesome missle guide.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Is there a such thing as using too many missles with samus? I use them alot.
You are now my favorite non-pro Samus. You are the first person I am not going to have to tell to use more missiles. As long as you know that every match needs more missiles, you will win.

On a more serious note, can you do the following (sorry if this sounds like I'm putting you down with noobish moves):
-wavedash
-Missile Cancel
-Bomb-Jump
-Not roll (please, don't ever roll)
-Air dodge to grapple recovery
-Screw attack out of your shield

Some flashy things that some people may tell you to learn, but you shouldn't neccessarily until mastering the above:
-extender
-Super Wave Dash
-High Jump
-Rising Grapple

Samus Syndrome

Smash Apprentice
On vertical recoveries hit and miss bomb-jumps, I've found it to be a good strategy.

Spam missiles, it won't hurt you and who cares if your opponent doesn't like it.

Good luck at your first tourny.
Show them a good Samus (probably never seen one in their lives).

-F_a_T_e-

Smash Cadet
lol wii4mii i love it how in every post you somehow mention your missile guide. XD

GL on the tourny..

Top Bottom