• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
1) Don't use it too far away from the stage unless you're doing a Reverse Shuttle Loop or if it's the last KO for the game.

2) When using it at the edge of the stage, cancel the glide by holding the opposite direction on the control stick, NOT by attacking.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
1) Don't use it too far away from the stage unless you're doing a Reverse Shuttle Loop or if it's the last KO for the game.

2) When using it at the edge of the stage, cancel the glide by holding the opposite direction on the control stick, NOT by attacking.
Actually, you should cancel the glide with the B or jump button. Cancelling the glide with an attack will send you forward. It won't even allow for DI. Cancelling the glide's momentum by holding the opposite direction will send you backwards, but only by a little bit with DI. Cancelling the glide using B or jump will send you backwards just enough to grab the ledge with DI.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Actually, you should cancel the glide with the B or jump button. Cancelling the glide with an attack will send you forward. It won't even allow for DI. Cancelling the glide's momentum by holding the opposite direction will send you backwards, but only by a little bit with DI. Cancelling the glide using B or jump will send you backwards just enough to grab the ledge with DI.
Very true, and I used to do Attack cancel, until I learned to utilize B cancel.

Top Bottom