• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/14/09 - AUC Japan Club Presents: A SSBB & BlazBlue Tournament

Umby

Smash Master

The Atlanta University Center's Japan Club is hosting a video game tournament this Saturday, November 14th on Morehouse College's campus, featuring Super Smash Bros. Brawl and BlazBlue! I will also have Super Smash Bros. Melee set up for free play, but if there is enough interest, I can hold a side tournament for it.

No fees will be waived for bringing setups, but if you can bring any equipment, it would be highly appreciated.

1st Place prize for both games is a $40 Visa Gift Card!

The venue is Morehouse College - The lounge in Benjamen E. Mays Hall.

To get to Morehouse from I-85, take Exit 247 to I-20 West. Take Exit 55B and take a right at the light you come to. Morehouse's campus is at the end of the street from here. There is a parking deck here, but you may ask for directions to the parking lot on Fair Street for free parking.

Mays Hall is directly attached to the Dining Hall (Chivers Hall). From the front entrance, go up the stairs to the second floor. The lounge all the way down at the end. From the back entrance, enter the dining hall, and the double doors to the lounge are directly on your left.

If you have any issues getting to the venue, contact me at (404) 536-7122 or Netolli Pattis at (404) 424-7009

Super Smash Bros. Brawl 1v1 Ruleset
3 Stocks

8-minute time limit

No Items (Set to “None” AND “Off”)

Double Elimination

Matches are played in sets of best 2 games out of 3.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

Neutral Stages:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Smashville
  • Lylat Cruise
Counterpick Stages
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Castle Siege
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium 1
  • Rainbow Cruise
  • Brinstar
  • Norfair
  • Luigi's Mansion
All other stages are banned from use.

BlazBlue Ruleset

99 sec timer.

Matches are best 2 out of 3 games. Finals are best 3 out of 5.

Each game is 3 rounds.

Winner of the previous game MUST stay as his/her selected character. The loser is allowed to switch if he/she wishes.

General Rules

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

You may consult the tournament host and appointed assistants for questions and concerns about rules.

Whatever the host says goes.

No texture hacks or gameplay modifications will be used for this tournament.

No excessive stalling during a match. You may call an assistant or the host for review if you believe someone is stalling excessively.

Do NOT pause the game during a match for any reason. Doing so is grounds for a penalty, including loss of a match or disqualification.

If you are using your own Wiimote, TAKE OUT YOUR BATTERIES AFTER YOU FINISH THE MATCH. Failure to comply may result in a penalty.

If you leave the area, please leave your cell phone on so that we may contact you if it is time for your match. If you do not have a cell phone, please let us know where you are going and how long you expect to be away.

I hope to see you there!

Top Bottom