• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100/0 MU's for the Avian Spitfire on Distant Planet

GeZ

Smash Lord
This is some tech that was tried and applied to Metaknight, but upon further inspection will probably end up being something multiple members of the cast can abuse.

The basic Idea is that the blast zone on Distant planet is slightly down from the bottom end of the stage, so with proper timing you can slip under the sides of the stage and come up through the center. Upon reaching the top of the inside you'll be phased through the floor and appear standing on the stage laglessly. Luckily for you Pit mains, Pit has by far the easiest time with this tech as well as the best application.

I'll try to record a video, but for now I'll give instructions the to tech.
Simply glide from above the ledge towards the wall of the stage and downwards. Once you've dropped a small way out of the bottom of the screen, level out to slip under the wall of the stage without dying off the blast zone, and then angle upwards to ascend through the stage. The result is actually more useful than laglessly appearing on the stage as Pit can pass through the bottom of the stage without cancelling glide, letting you rise from under the stage with aerials or Wave Land out of glide upon passing through the floor to make yourself safe.

I hope you guys like this and implement it into your game, as it's a neat trick and can provide a good recovery mixup.

Edit: If you'd like to use the lagless stand recovery mentioned earlier, you simply cancel the glide with jump, and then Up B through the bottom of the stage. Instead of the Up B coming out, Pit will flash, and then appear standing on the stage.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Well it'll have to be on a cell phone camera for now, so it won't be pretty, but I'll get one up within the hour.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Show'em the badly drawn one from the mk thread.

GeZ

Smash Lord

Here's a short vid just outlining the effect. You can tell it's handy because of how peeved Wario looks at the end.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Hmm, looks like there was still the normal landing lag from the up-b
I know, that's just showing gliding/ jumping through the bottom of the stage and using a move. The Up B will cancel and put you on the stage if done from the right distance below it.

CeLL

Smash Lord
This seems pretty cool, but being an unintended exploit that could have some serious ramifications in some matchups, my guess is that it will be removed once the PMBR sees it.

GeZ

Smash Lord
This seems pretty cool, but being an unintended exploit that could have some serious ramifications in some matchups, my guess is that it will be removed once the PMBR sees it.
It got confirmed by the back roomer that I know in town that this was discovered and will be gone by the next update. So, it's too bad, but at least the removal of this will come with new costumes/ game modes/ characters(maybe)/ and other wonderful stuff.

Top Bottom