• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1-on-1 tips?

HelloSpy

Smash Cadet
Any tips for playing Bowser Jr. on 1v1 (For Glory)?

Thaaanks.....

OmegaMancer

Smash Rookie
As a general rule when I'm playing Bowser Jr, I like to stay away as much as possible. Utilize his cannon and mechakoopa to your best advantage, but punish any pushes with his excellent smash attacks.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
While I do not play very often as Bowser Jr., I do play against a lot of them online. From the perspective of an opponent, you need to heavily rely on side B to have a lot of success. It gives you your spacing and keeps pressure.

Try to stay in your copter/car as much as you can. If you spam his jump out of copter to hammer too much, it leaves you too open. Save it for when you need it. Also, you can do a speedier side B if you attack cancel so the startup is not as slow.

Maplejr.

Smash Rookie
For Jr., it is important to space out opponents and find a way to deal with their shield, if they shield often. Mechakoopa can be incredibly useful for both, as your opponent will often be tempted or pressured to deal with it. I'd also recommend edge guarding with him as well, as he has rather potent aerials (Fair, Nair, Dair, and throwing mechakoopas are a few moves that work well for me). Overall, I'd focus on playing with a bait and punish play style.

Top Bottom