• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1-hit KO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
It already does 39%. Pretty sure that out-damages Ike's fully charged FSmash.

During the invitational it didn't OHKO once, when the target was at 0%. The move had high base knockback and the target (KDJ's Rosalina) damn near died off the top anyway. It probably has absurd KB growth to boot and kills at any reasonable percent.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Hello, I didn't get to play the demo so I was wondering.... When the meter is charged and the KO move is ready what exactly are the controls to perform it.... and I got a couple question:

Is it just the "neutral special" button?

Do you have to be right next to your opponent or can you charge it and dash across the stage with it?

Can it be blocked?

And is it correct that if little mac gets hit once or misses he will loose it?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The OHKO-Uppercut...doesn't OHKO.
If anything, it's weaker then the Almighty 9 by far. Even
Rosalina survived it around 0-55%.
:gw:4DAYZ

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know about that. You can't really compare the two moves since the latter isn't even confirmed to be in the game yet.

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
Hahaha funny one...oh wait, you are not kidding

Then firts off all Rosalina WAS in 0% when Litle mac KOed making her 39% damage

Second, it is even funnier to watch people saying that the OHKO uppercut its not KO because you saw it failling just one time (understandable in one way, because you dont want yo be feared of him) but if you had the perception to see that, i invite you to see it again, by just a bit it wasent KO right?

Has you now the plain has two sides, the right, the left (and the middle) and they are both going down and up.... in the moment that Mac KOed Rosalina the side that they where was the left, and this side was inclining down just a bit...

Oh you know where im going right? that means that if the plain stated complitely HORIZONTAL it would it be OHKO

(Im Latin, sorry about my english)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hahaha funny one...oh wait, you are not kidding

Then firts off all Rosalina WAS in 0% when Litle mac KOed making her 39% damage

Second, it is even funnier to watch people saying that the OHKO uppercut its not KO because you saw it failling just one time (understandable in one way, because you dont want yo be feared of him) but if you had the perception to see that, i invite you to see it again, by just a bit it wasent KO right?

Has you now the plain has two sides, the right, the left (and the middle) and they are both going down and up.... in the moment that Mac KOed Rosalina the side that they where was the left, and this side was inclining down just a bit...

Oh you know where im going right? that means that if the plain stated complitely HORIZONTAL it would it be OHKO

(Im Latin, sorry about my english)
I went to E3.
I saw the KO-Uppercut fail like 10 times.
DouevnG&Wbruh
Also, Welcome to Smashboards.

JoseStriker

Smash Rookie
I went to E3.
I saw the KO-Uppercut fail like 10 times.
DouevnG&Wbruh
Also, Welcome to Smashboards.
Hmm...thanks man, for the welcome, i do apprecite that

I just say that if it was that close to KOed her in that time (So close) the only thing that missed to KOed in 0% was the horizontality of the plain

Enigma14

Smash Champion
So what happens when two Little Macs charge at each other with their KO Meter at full? Is there a trade of blows or do it cancel out?

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
I think it will be a balanced move. Its still dodgeable and if he misses it he doesn't retain the move so the meter has to be built all over again.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After seeing the Smash Bros. Invitational tourney, the OHKO Uppercut isn't really much of an instant KO move as everyone thought it would be (just ask Rosalina). Shouldn't be too much of a problem as it's still avoidable.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I pretty much put it in the same catagory of Jigg's rest in Melee. If she rests on someone at 0%, there's still a good chance that character will survive. Obviously it's a little easier to hit with than Rest, but I think that's compensated by the limited use the KO Punch has.
Roy's Flare Blade is another decent comparison. His trophy says its a one hit KO when fully charged, but there are circumstances in which you can still survive it depending on the arena and DI and such. And even then, there's hardly any reason for someone to get hit by a fully charged Flare Blade.
So Mac's gonna be fine.

Shokio

Netplay 4 Days
NNID
Shokio
Yeah, it's not a true OHKO. It really won't kill anyone at 0-30% unless they're light-weight or on a top platform of a stage. At E3, most of my KO punches managed to kill in the 35%-50% range, depending on the character and stage.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but you can also use it in mid-air, though of course it's power is cut a bit, but it's still a powerful move.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's not a true OHKO. It really won't kill anyone at 0-30% unless they're light-weight or on a top platform of a stage. At E3, most of my KO punches managed to kill in the 35%-50% range, depending on the character and stage.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but you can also use it in mid-air, though of course it's power is cut a bit, but it's still a powerful move.
....Oh cool it's Shokio.

Honestly, I think we all thought it was a OHKO because Sakurai made us think it was. He said in a Pic of the Day that it turns into a "one hit KO Uppercut" and even named it the KO Uppercut.

I kinda wish it was a OHKO. I don't think that it would have been too overpowered considering how hard it is to hit with.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
....Oh cool it's Shokio.

Honestly, I think we all thought it was a OHKO because Sakurai made us think it was. He said in a Pic of the Day that it turns into a "one hit KO Uppercut" and even named it the KO Uppercut.

I kinda wish it was a OHKO. I don't think that it would have been too overpowered considering how hard it is to hit with.
It doesn't help that we bandwagonned and thought it would be OP cause weren't shown the percentages in his debut video.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace

The ability to be used mid-air should make it a ton easier to hit with. It's just...the risk increases 10 fold since...lolLMintheair.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
When I played him at Smash Fest, it was only in Smash Run and it's just like others said. It built up and slowly decreased over time if I didn't attack anyone (in Smash Run, had to do some platforming, so I took time off from combat). I never got to use the KO attack since I had to fight multiple enemies, but it seems like it will decrease with inactivity and taking hits.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

• What the heck? The KO punch barely moved ZSS! '_'
    1:46

Apparently it kinda sucks if your opponent has 0%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.