• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Hit Challenge! Can You Do It?!

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Hello guys. I wanted to get people to accept and defeat a challenge as a community. This challenge is called "1 Hit Challenge". The name of it should say everything you need to know, but I'll get into details about it anyway. I want you, as a community, to take video of your 1 Hit Challenge completion to post on this thread to share with everyone, but there are a few simple rules to go by.

CHALLENGE DESCRIPTION

The entire trick to this challenge is as simple as it gets. KEEP ATTACKING! Don't let up, not for 1 single moment as if you do, you will be hit and you only have 1HP Stamina. Your opponent Charizard, has 300HP Stamina. This believe it or not can be an overwhelming number however, since Turbo is turned on, this was the appropriate number to give in HP to your opponent. Also, since damage has been made 0.8, your opponent will not be knocked so far back from your attacks, keeping the threat there at all times. This leaves you with only 1 option to avoid being hailed with an onslaught of Turbo Combos by a Level 9 Charizard. GO TURBO COMBO GALORE ON HIM! Believe me, you're not winning without those Extended Turbo Combos

Here is my battle with Charizard that inspired this idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8m2V_WptdY

THE RULES AND SETUP
1: This challenge is done in Special Brawl with the Turbo option turned ON.
2: In your in-game rules, change the damage from 1.0 to 0.8. Also, change the match type from Stock to Stamina.
3: Your opponent MUST be 1 Level 9 Charizard with 300 HP Stamina. Your HP Stamina will be set to 1.
4: Input Assist option in your in-game rules must be turned OFF.
5: Your stage MUST be Final Destination.
6: You do not complete the challenge by dunking the opponent or getting ring out, HP Stamina MUST reach 0.
7: NO ITEMS!
8: NO INFINITES (example: Ganondorf Spam Up Special, or Toon Link Spam Up Special or Zelda N Special Up Smash).
9: No TAS (Tool Assist Software)
YOU MUST PROVIDE IN YOUR VIDEO, EVIDENCE THAT YOUR OPPONENT-CHARIZARD IS LEVEL 9, DAMAGE IS 0.8 AND THAT THE INPUT ASSIST IN YOUR RULES SETTINGS IS TURNED OFF

Why Charizard you ask? > : (
I hate Charizard... and it's entire existence since my early childhood......
kiiiiiiillllllll hiiiiiimmmmmm MUAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

Haden

you want 1 hit/combo, to do 300 damage?

or, you just have to do it without being hit?

Well... you HAVE to not get hit.... you will only have 1HP. Charizard will have 300HP.
Also, if you don't do a really long and epic combo, or keep the attacks on spot with dire pressure, you'll get hit, most likely.

Haden

What if I did this without the turbo?
What I said above ^ to the other user. Not saying that you didn't, or that you can't, just would like to see. Also, the point of turning on Turbo with only having 1HP is to force you to adapt to creating successful strings of relentless attacks.

Haden

You must be attacking at all times...
No infinites...
Infinites are explained above as such examples:

Ganondorf spamming Up B infinitely grabbing.
Toon Link spamming Up B infinitely trapping.
Metaknight spamming Neutral B infinitely trapping.
Ganondorf spamming Forward B infinitely grabbing.
Zelda spamming Neutral B into Up Smash, prolonged NEAR infinitely trapping.
Chain Grabbing is treated all the same in these situations, especially since damage ratio is set to 0.8.

Stringing 4+ moves together into different orders to make combos and win the challenge isn't an infinite spam. There is a difference between infinite spam and combos.... a VERY LARGE difference.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I didn't read that part
Just the number rules
Thought that was just a troll thing lel

Animage

Smash Cadet
Yeahhh...I'm pretty sure every character has an infnite of some kind when you put settings like that...

Celestis

Smash Ace
What I said above ^ to the other user. Not saying that you didn't, or that you can't, just would like to see. Also, the point of turning on Turbo with only having 1HP is to force you to adapt to creating successful strings of relentless attacks.
If I could record I would give it a shot.

Haden

lol couldnt you just spam lasers as falco?
Theoretically you could, but the term spam takes away the point of the challen
Yeahhh...I'm pretty sure every character has an infnite of some kind when you put settings like that...
When you use the term "spam", do you mean repetitively using lasers, and only lasers? If this is what you mean, then no. If you read the description of the event, as well as the 9 rules, the goal of the challenge is to overrun the opposing Charizard with herp'a'derp combos consistently enough to avoid damage.

Animage

Smash Cadet
It's like, the goal of the challenge is to use moves in rapid enough succession so that the opponent can never leave hitstun and never attack you. But you're also not allowed to use anything that's an "infinite", so basically any combo string that has no opening is not allowed.
so the infinite rule is dumb

Haden

It's like, the goal of the challenge is to use moves in rapid enough succession so that the opponent can never leave hitstun and never attack you. But you're also not allowed to use anything that's an "infinite", so basically any combo string that has no opening is not allowed.
so the infinite rule is dumb
"Infinite" as a term in Turbo is used to describe a spamming of 1 or 2 moves with no other inputs involved. A string of 4, 5, 6 or more different move lineups together is not an "infinite" even if you continuously hitstun the opponent, as they are droppable combos and quite difficult to maintain over time, whereas "infinite" is not droppable (unless you're THAT bad).

I open Metaknight Combos by example: Forward B>Neutral B>Nair>Jab>Up Smash>Hop>Bair>Forward B>Dair>Grab>Forward Throw>Forward B>Neutral B>Forward Smash.

I open Ganondorf Combos by example: Short Hop>Forward B>Up B>Down B>Up B>Nair [1hit]>Forward B>Jab>Down B>Hop>Fair

I open Link Combos by example: Dash Short Hop>Dair>Uair>Up B>Fair>Neutral B Charge OR Down B for Bomb Pull

^ these 3 examples debunk anything you might make excuses for because that's what you did, make an excuse as to why you can't complete the challenge..

Last edited:

Animage

Smash Cadet
So 2 is the limit? Then I can pick fox and instead of shine > dash (repeat) until death, which is a string that i can loop without leaving an opening, i can shine > dash > shffl dair > jab (repeat), which is also a string that i can loop without leaving an opening, but it's legal because it uses more than 2 moves.

Exodo

Smash Ace
i tried with Roy, got him to 34% first try, then got grabbed,the end.

Haden

So 2 is the limit? Then I can pick fox and instead of shine > dash (repeat) until death, which is a string that i can loop without leaving an opening, i can shine > dash > shffl dair > jab (repeat), which is also a string that i can loop without leaving an opening, but it's legal because it uses more than 2 moves.
Actually, fox shine doesn't cancel unless input assist is on, which by default rule, must be turned off. You have to use that shine just like you do in the vanilla game. Now, since your dair grabs follow with a third move, sure, dair, grab, fthrow' wave dash, shine, dair......etc. you have to frame 1 cancel the shine none the less like in the vanilla game.

Combos using three or more moves show a level of inherent reactionary skills, as you have to follow di, tech and chase a well as use multiple inputs. Using two moves does none of this, as some characters use 2 stun in place attacks/specials

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
I just did it in 40 seconds with Ness..turbo but it didn't really matter. No camping either, only 2 PKFires.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't this be called "Don't get hit challenge"? 1 hit challenge sounds like to me = you hit opponent once.

Anyways I'll attempt this at some point.

EDIT: Managed to succeed, but didn't record so I'll retry/ upload a vid whenever I can.

Last edited:

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Are you actually implying that a charizard at damage ratio of .8 really has DI and tech options?

/really/?

Top Bottom