• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.1.6 Patch updates

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if there were any changes made in the recent patch but please post legitimate findings here!

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
My bad I saw something on YouTube and jumped the gun. The update drops on the 10th not today.

False alarm please delete this thread asap

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
lol nairo is gonna give the whole smash community a heart attack XD

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Apparently there IS a confirmed patch coming POSSIBLY today.....well, time to make our wish list for Kirby.
Faster airspeed
Better frames on FC
Less lag on Nair and Uair
Fthrow slight hitstun increase or something.

What I DONT WANT:
Increased kbg on hammer and smashes

MrMFC

Smash Cadet
NNID
iLFurkan
What I want: Air speed buff, fair less lag so it auto cancels and less start up, up air slightly faster, frame 3 nair with less lag so you don't sd with this move, fixed jab (like fox', people can sdi out of it too easily), fixed dash attack

what we'll probably get:

- +2kbg on hammer
- +2 weight
- +0.0000000001 air speed "buff"

Last edited:

TimG57867

Smash Ace
At this point I just want them to adjust the frame data on at least one move. Seriously, enough with the knockback buffs (Unless it's for the Up Throw. The more knockback growth the merrier then kek.)

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Actually, the buff that I want is something to give Kirby an easier time getting grabs.....so basically a run speed buff.....or Outgrow knock back increase.

The reason why is because......well be honest, ever since his UThrow buff, who has used that as almost essentially their main way of ending stocks? Well, that's gonna be one of his few reliable ways that doesn't need a read to end a stock. He racks up damage well, but eventually at high percents where it won't KO just yet, he mainly uses chip damage or Dthrow damage.

So unless his reward for getting in ends up with more damage and stuff, then at least our main way of ending stocks could be a little easier dontcha think?
I mean I'll accept anything that ain't buffs to his smashes or hammer....or any of buff in general unless it's UThrow again :)

Just my thought

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
A ground speed buff would be nice but he needs the air speed buff much more. If they also decided to make uair a better combo tool into grab at high percents with a set knockback like with Luigi's pre-patch d throw that would be wonderful :3 but that's more of a dream rn tbh i couldn't see it happening realistically

TimG57867

Smash Ace
So in case you haven't heard the news or gotten the patch yet, it would appear that Bayonetta was the only character directly touched. As disappointing as that is I am still optimistic for 2 reasons:

1. As always a top tier getting nerfed can only make life easier. Depending on how truly impacting these nerfs are the matchup could now be even or possibly favorably given some of the strengths Kirby hs in the matchup.

2. Prior to this patch being done out of the blue, the real hope I was holding out for Kirby Planet Robobot's release. There's a chance they might do what they did with 1.1.4 where the patch buffed several Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters near the Western release of Fire Emblem Fates and Pokken Tournament. Of course I wouldn't bank on something like this but it's something to think about.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Interesting theory.......
now in OUR eyes it kinda makes sense this is the final patch, if it is.....but we don't really know what it's like for the devs.
Do they consider this balanced enough? Do they still have more patches in mind? How would THEY feel if the cast is fully balanced? I somewhat doubt they actually are competitive players, but iirc they do look up stuff and.....stuff to see anything they think anything seems wrong or needs a change.

Basically we can easily think this is balanced enough and that this is the final patch, but NONE OF US will ever TRULY know, so it's always going to be the waiting game for patches.
I personally hope there is more. Also because your theory makes me even more optimistic xD it REALLY makes me want another patch for sure.

Let's all keep Tim's comment in mind, let's remember it until (hopefully) next patch and see his theory (again, hopefully) is true.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
At this point, the only safe way to rule out further updates is if the devs say to our faces they're done. Until then, a patch can literally drop at any time.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
If there was to be a final patch (and there will be), I think the developers would announce it as the final update.

Top Bottom